PDA

View Full Version : Lowes and HD coupons

Lopaka Garcia
04-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I heard through the woodworking forums that Lowes would honor HD and other coupons. So I go to Lowes and ask the customer service person if they would honor my HD coupon and she called a manager who said they would. So I grab what I need and head to the check-out and the cashier questions the coupon and I tell her it's already been pre-approved by the manager. So she goes to another manager and questions why Lowes is honoring HD coupons and that manager said they don't. I tell her how can one manager ok it and another manager decline it? And how can a cashier question a managers call? She offered a "courtesy" 10% discount and I said no that I would spend my redeem my coupon at HD instead.

Mark Rios
04-14-2006, 12:35 AM
I havn't tried an HD coupon at Lowes but at my local HD's, they take Lowes coupons no problem. I've done it 5 or 6 times at least.

Stupid Lowes....

:D :D :D

Don Baer
04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Good for you. as far as I am conserned both of thouse two stores should honer each others cupons or we should take our business elsewhere..:D

Michael Gibbons
04-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Good for you. as far as I am conserned both of thouse two stores should honer each others cupons or we should take our business elsewhere..:D

To where???

Lopaka Garcia
04-14-2006, 12:50 AM
To where???

:confused: You're right! Where else would we go? I don't know about you guys on the mainland, but in Hawaii we're very limited on where we can shop. So I guess in a way they have us by our "laho". BTW, that's Hawaiian for uh, cajones. :D

Don Baer
04-14-2006, 1:05 AM
Well I never buy wood from the borg. I use ACE hardware whenever I can and I buy my finishing from a number of dealers such as sherman williams etc. I realise that the borgs have forced a number of the independet dealers out of business but I'll drive another few miles so I don't have to go to the borgs.

John Daugherty
04-14-2006, 11:35 PM
I've used Lowes at HD and HD at Lowes several times with no problem. I have also had them price match + 10% off several times.

Lopaka Garcia
04-17-2006, 4:52 AM
I got a call from the local Lowes store because corporate forwarded my e-mail to him. He said the reason they declined the HD coupon was because there wasn't a bar code on it. He said all Lowes and HD coupons have bar codes on them and those that don't are fakes. He said corporate sent out memos stating that people are downloading fake coupons off the internet and they've had problems with them. But according to other people, the HD coupons they used didn't have bar codes on them and they had no problem using them. I guess it depends on what store you use them at.