PDA

View Full Version : mini cup #2 !!!!!

Stephen Hibbs
04-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I actually like the form on this one, but I wussed out on the wall thickness after losing my last one, and the inside resembles a shot glass', and doesn't follow the form in the least. I made this for my stepmom who had her birthday today, and who thought my other one was really "cute". Slightly taller than the last at 2.5"T X 2"W, juniper with a lot of heart wood. I like the shape on this one.

Barry Stratton
04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
That does look nice! I like the shape and the knots are a nice feature. I'm sure she'll be pleased!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Nice looking chalice Stephen! Keep at it.....you'll get more comfortable and soon be turning out those things they way you want them to be! By the way............I like that juniper!

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2006, 1:06 AM
Stephen that is great looking. The knots really set it off. I like the form to. Great work.

John Hart
04-14-2006, 7:55 AM
Nice looking Shape Stephen! Yeah...you'll eventually grit your teeth and go for the gold on wall thickness and following the curves of the outside. That's just time and your own comfort level. Looks great!:)

Tim Beauregard
04-14-2006, 10:09 PM
I was going to guess cedar until I saw the word "juniper." Looks very nice to me!