PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand it I have to tell someone!!!

Mike Laing
08-21-2003, 4:17 PM
Hello All,

I really enjoy reading other people's news on equipment or material they are buying and now I am in a similar situation.

My felder CF741P is finally in Canada and I will be taking delivery the end of september, I told the guys in the felder users group but I just had to tell you guys too. For those interested some of the features are as follows:

81" sliding format table with outrigger table

16" jointer and planer with electrical table height adjustment on the planer table

shaper with router spindle insert for using router bits

horizontal mortiser that runs off the jointer/planer head

(3) 5.5hp 3phase motors for ts, shaper and j/p this is a combination machine

thanks for listening or reading

Mike

Jim Becker
08-21-2003, 4:34 PM
Shazam! That's quite a machine and I'm certainly jealous, especially of the jointer/planer! If I only had the space for such a monster... :D

Ken Garlock
08-21-2003, 4:54 PM
That sounds like one fantastic machine. With all those options, I wouldn't know what to do first ;)

Do you have 3 phase in your shop, or are you hooking it up to a converter?

Does it take 5 weeks to clear customs once it arrived in Canada, or was that your choice?

You have me drooling on the carpet. :D

Mike Laing
08-21-2003, 9:42 PM
Ken and Jim,

Suprisingly the machine is only 45" wide at the base and the slding table is 12" of that and hangs roughly 24" over the front and back of the machine. When I had a delta contractors saw with unifence and sliding table it was 6 1/2' wide by 27" deep taking up roughly the same room as the felder and I got rid of the floor space of the 3 machines with the combo.

I am going to be running it off of a rotary phase converter I have to wait 5 weeks because we have just moved and the new shop is not finished yet (darn job really cuts into my woodworking time). I have a digital camera and would be happy to post some pics when all is finished and I can figure it out (like every other piece of electronic euipment I will have my son inlaw teach me to use the camera.

regards

Mike

Rob Russell
08-22-2003, 8:10 AM
Mike,

I hope you took advantage of the commissioning service. It's the best value you'll get on the Felder.

You will appreciate the quality of the machines when you get them. I upgraded from Delta/Rockwell separates to the KF700SPro and an AD751Pro (10' sliding saw/shaper and 20" J/P). These things are like machine tools. The manuals really leave something to be desired. Download the setup document from the FOG's archives (the D. Best one).

Save some money for Christmas time. Felder aways puts a bunch of their tooling on sale and it's the best time to buy it. The heft of the insert tooling shaper cutters is something else. I bought one of the rebate heads (for cutting rabbets). The weight of the cutter is about 14 pounds. Pretty amazing stuff.

Congrats!

Rob