PDA

View Full Version : The entertainment center and shelf completed...

Robert Mayer
04-12-2006, 1:28 PM
Finally got this set up a couple days ago. I also decided at the last minute to throw together the shelf that sits above it.

I was a bit nervous after buying the tv. I thought I might regret buying it, but so far I havent. I quit going to the theatre after getting this thing. The couch is about 6 feet away so the picture is awesome.

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/158/ny_trip_7.1.05_054.jpg

see previous post for detail on it...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33638

Helen Gee
04-12-2006, 1:55 PM
wow,that is gorgeous!!! With a stand like that (and tv) i wouldn't go out to the theaters either :) ! the shelf looks great on top!

Larry Browning
04-12-2006, 2:41 PM
Let's see, 4 remotes and a hammer. Is the hammer for smashing the ones that don't work?:D Oh, and that's a great looking cabinet.

Steve Clardy
04-12-2006, 2:52 PM
Looks great Robert!!

Chuck Trisdale
04-12-2006, 4:44 PM
Let's see, 4 remotes and a hammer. Is the hammer for smashing the ones that don't work?:D Oh, and that's a great looking cabinet.

Good one Larry! I concur, the cabinet looks great!

Vaughn McMillan
04-12-2006, 5:18 PM
Larry beat me to the wise remark about the hammer, but you did a great job on the EC and shelf, Robert. Looks sweet indeed.

- Vaughn

Robert Mayer
04-12-2006, 5:19 PM

I had one of those "oh &$*%" moments just seconds after hooking all this up. I tested the remotes going through stained glass because the reciever and dvd player are in the cabinet. All 4 remotes worked through the glass perfectly.

I finally set up the cabinet and the none of the remotes worked through the glass. I eventually moved each component around and it works fine now. But I was panicking for a few minutes.

John Buzzurro
04-12-2006, 5:44 PM

Larry, that looks like a backup remote to me. ;)

Robert, that's a beautiful TV stand. Nice job.

Kyle Stiefel
04-12-2006, 7:36 PM
Robert,

Outstanding result. So how did you end up finishing it?

Jim Becker
04-12-2006, 9:01 PM
That's a really special piece!! Looks great and perfect for the job.

Robert Mayer
04-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Robert,

Outstanding result. So how did you end up finishing it?

I ended up using blo first and a few coats of arm r seal. im pleased with the way it made the dark wood look. But I now think tiger maple looks better dyed with a darker color first.

Pete Harbin
04-13-2006, 2:02 AM
Nicely done Robert! I like the panels in the doors.

Pete

Dana Nurmela
04-15-2006, 7:31 AM
Very nice. Both the stand and the TV.. ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-15-2006, 9:13 AM
Excellent work Robert! I really like the style and the use of the contrasting woods and cork! Excellent!