PDA

View Full Version : First try at this!

Chris DiCiaccio
04-11-2006, 9:56 PM
I know this looks pitiful, but I guess you have to start somewhere. It's not hollowed, just drilled with a forstner bit. Just working on shape right now. Hope to learn to hollow soon since I now have a Hollowmaster. Just don't know how to use it yet. Tried it but it didn't seem to want to cut.

Lee DeRaud
04-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Forstner bits are the pinnacle of woodworking technology: never be embarassed by using them.:cool: :D

I know the exalted gurus say the bowl gouge or whatever will remove all of that wood faster, but that is them, and this is us.:eek:

Good looking pot.

Corey Hallagan
04-11-2006, 10:13 PM
I think it looks great Chis! I am kind of liking the forsteners about right now too!

Corey

Andy Hoyt
04-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Nice looking thing-that makes-me-think-of-the-Jetsons!

I've never had much luck with forstner bits on the lathe - perhaps because all lathe-based drilling I've ever done was into end grain. And for that a good old twist bit rocks.

Bernie Weishapl
04-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Chris looks great to me. Those hollowmaster take some getting used to. They gotta be sharp and not with a grinder. I am waiting for a new cutter and two diamond hones.

John Hart
04-12-2006, 8:32 AM
What a cool little thing Chris!

Yep...That hollowmaster has a sweet spot...It's right in between "not cutting at all" and "WHAM!!!"

You just gotta find it.:)

George Conklin
04-12-2006, 9:50 AM
What a cool little thing Chris!

Yep...That hollowmaster has a sweet spot...It's right in between "not cutting at all" and "WHAM!!!"

You just gotta find it.:)

Wonderful! I just bought one and this is what I've got to look forward to? Wonderful:rolleyes:

Andy Hoyt
04-12-2006, 9:59 AM
Wonderful! I just bought one and this is what I've got to look forward to? Wonderful:rolleyes:

This should help

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26892

Tyler Howell
04-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh the pain of it all:( :( .
Another super flat lander gone spin head.
Woe is me, Woe is me!!!!:(

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh the pain of it all:( :( .
Another super flat lander gone spin head.
Woe is me, Woe is me!!!!:(
Funny how you keep ending up here lamenting the fact that you are here Tyler....

Go on, give in...... (stage whisper) It's so Easy....... :D