PDA

View Full Version : That Slippery Slope

George Sanders
04-11-2006, 9:12 AM
I think I'm sliding down that slippery slope you guys keep talking about. :rolleyes: I bought some planes at an auction, tuned them up and started using them. I'm amazed at what they can do. :eek: I then cleaned up some saws and bits by electrolysis and I discovered some embossing on my D-8 Disston.:) Most of my bits are Greenlee. Here are some pics. I just finished building some locking cabinets for my portablr electron burners and now I can get back to building a proper cabinet for my hand tools. The saws from top are: Disston cabinet saw, Canadian D-8, Disston Townsman (I think it's one of their last ones) and a Warrented Superior made by Disston The planes are from top l to r Fulton 5-c Made by Sargeant, Stanley #5, Stanley 2-tone, Stanley 7-c, Stanley #220, Millers Falls block plane, Millers Falls smoothing plane and two small Stanley planes with different angles. The drawknives range in size from 8" to 14".

Steve Clardy
04-11-2006, 9:37 AM
Yep. you are a goner now George.

Kevin French
04-11-2006, 9:09 PM
Just go limp and go with the flow.

Enjoy the ride.

Jerry Olexa
04-11-2006, 9:56 PM
Welcome it is addictive but fun...

Michael Morin dit Boucher
04-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Those Miller Falls planes?...you will enjoy those...great planemaker. The third drawknife from the top would be the one I use the most.

George Sanders
04-12-2006, 7:45 AM
I've been using the Millers Falls scrub plane on some rough oak and it makes short work of it. The third drawknife belonged to my great grandfather who was a carpenter. I also have some other tools of his.

Tyler Howell
04-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Your not slipping George.
You are tumbling head over heals out of control:D .
Welcome to the club;) .

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
04-12-2006, 2:30 PM
That is a really nice drawknife collection you've got going.

Bob Noles
04-12-2006, 4:35 PM
I would throw you a rope, but it appears I am too late :D

Alan DuBoff
04-12-2006, 5:11 PM
I would throw you a rope, but it appears I am too late :DYeah, I'd throw him a rope also, but I don't think it would do any good when I'm farther down the slope than he is.:rolleyes: OTOH, he might be able to help me back up the slope partially, to the point he's at.:eek:

As Paul Simons once sang..."Slip slidin' awayyyyyyyy....slip slidin' away...".;)

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
04-12-2006, 7:29 PM
I would throw you a rope, but it appears I am too late :D

Speaking of too late, I just got the tool list for a Brian Boggs class in my email yesterday.

I'm afraid to look.

Brian Hale
04-12-2006, 8:09 PM
Just lean back, grab your knees and enjoy the ride ;)

Brian :)

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
04-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Y'all are just stickin' UHMW under my backside, aren't you?

James Owen
04-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Y'all are just stickin' UHMW under my backside, aren't you?

Not only that, but we're oiling the path and giving you a healthy extra push ;-)