PDA

View Full Version : 4/10 West Wing episode

Tony Sade
04-11-2006, 8:45 AM
Here I go again. I screwed up a few weeks ago and forgot to tape my wife's favorite show. After receiving threats that suggested my workbench might start serving a function besides ww'ing, I asked here if anyone had recorded the show and could send me a tape. Cecil A. came to my rescue.

This time it's not my fault--honest! :rolleyes: Despite my frequent compulsive checks of the recording schedule so as to avoid a repeat of the artic blast that blew into my house, at the last minute my youngest decided his Nickelodean show was more important and cancelled the recording. Needless to say, he won't be recording anything else until after his stint in the Marines is up.

Any chance that someone has recorded this episode and could send it to me? I'd be most appreciative and would happily reimburse all costs and endow a research chair at your favorite university. ;)

Thanks,

Rob Russell
04-11-2006, 9:36 AM
Tony,

It sort of sounds to me like a DVR (digital video recorder - Tivo is one brand) might be a good idea for you. The relative cost per month isn't that high (our cable company charges $10/month). It can record concurrent shows, so you could record both WW and Nick at the same time.

Rob

Tony Sade
04-11-2006, 9:55 AM
Tony,

It sort of sounds to me like a DVR (digital video recorder - Tivo is one brand) might be a good idea for you. The relative cost per month isn't that high (our cable company charges $10/month). It can record concurrent shows, so you could record both WW and Nick at the same time.

Rob

Rob:

As I just found out, having a DVR doesn't prevent the youngun' from cancelling a scheduled recording. We have a Dish satellite with the dual DRV setup so we can record two shows at once. The greedy little bugger (and his older brother) had already claimed the 8-8:30 slot for the Simpsons-West Wing was set to record from 8-9 on the "other" TV. Scratch WW, enter the Nick show, and the adults get squeezed out. Can't wait for the both of them to graduate from college-the oldest starts next year-and leave us alone.;) More money for tools, then.

Cheers,

Bill Lewis
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Here I go again. I screwed up a few weeks ago and forgot to tape my wife's favorite show. "taping" a show on a DVR is like listening to "records" on a CD player.:) :p :) :p

Edit: inserted "smilies", I was just poking some fun, we still "tape" things too.

Vaughn McMillan
04-12-2006, 4:13 AM
"taping" a show on a DVR is like listening to "records" on a CD player.
LOML still refers to taping her shows, even though she's had her own TiVo for more than a year. :D

- Vaughn

Tony Sade
04-12-2006, 5:33 AM
"taping" a show on a DVR is like listening to "records" on a CD player.
'Scuse me. After a twenty years or so of "taping" shows on a VCR the term obviously has lodged rather firmly in my addled and aging brain. I venture that most folks know what I meant. If "recording" works better for you, by all means substitute away.

Bill Lewis
04-12-2006, 5:40 AM
See change to above post...

Keith Barkhau
04-13-2006, 5:19 PM
Hey Tony,

Do you still need the episode? I can burn a copy a copy to dvd and drop it in the mail to you if you'd like. Just send me a pm (or an email to kbarkhau@wideopenwest.com) if you still need a copy.

Mark Rios
04-14-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't have the episode taped but I can tell y ou what happened if you like.

The show started with everyone running around going to Leo's room and then a terrorist fired a missle at the white house and it blew up. Everyone thought that all the power of the government was gone but little did they know that the white house that blew up was a top secret decoy, a holographic white house designed to draw enemy fire in situations just like this. Then the chinese decided to renounce their communistic ways and adapt democracy, thereby leaving North Korea alone against the world. CJ Craig, who was out of the virtual white house shopping at the time of the attack, had a dream vision and received a special coded message from the Secret Service agent that was played by Mark Harmon a few seasons ago. He told her that the vice president was really a cross-gender secret double agent working for Iran.

Then there was a commercial but I fell asleep and I don't remember the rest, sorry.

:D :D :D :D