PDA

View Full Version : Honda self propelled mower not self propelling

Richard Farmer
04-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I own a Honda HR215 Rotary Mower, started it up today, and it won't self propel,,,i discovered a small plastic plug that holds some type of oil, can someone help me, this mower has been great for over 10 years, starts on the first pull every time.:(

Jim O'Dell
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Richard, I'm not familar with the Honda unit. Is it a front wheel drive, or rear wheel? My guess is that there is a belt that drives a transmission, of sorts. May better be termed a differential. The belt would run off a pulley above the blade. Others have used a chain drive off the motor shaft. Either the belt/chain is broken, or slipping, or the differential is broken internally and not driving the axle the wheels are on. My Craftsman self propelled unit has the belt that goes to the front. There is a plastic cover on top of the mower deck. I have even seen this packed with dried cut grass and impeding the operation. If you can find the owners manual your lawn mower came with, I bet it has an exploded view of the drive system. If not, get the model number and do a web search for it's owners manual. I bet you'll find one. Good luck! Jim.