PDA

View Full Version : Bored Mother Cam (Eagle)

Rod Upfold
04-10-2006, 1:25 PM
Wondering what she thinks about...while she sits all day? "Where is that damn hubby its his turn to sit here...?"

mms://lastream001.galaxytelevision.net/hh001

There is also audio...

Bill Lewis
04-10-2006, 1:50 PM
I just heard on the news the other day that a pair of bald eagfes have nested in the new Woodrow Wilson (I-95/I 495 east side, near Washington DC) bridge amongst all the construction. The construction crew named them George and Martha.
It turns out that Martha was also attacked by either another eagle, or some other predator, and they took her to a rehab center. Now George is sitting on the nest all alone. They're thinking about moving the chicks to another know nest to increase chance of survival (what they said on the radio)

EDit: For more information there is an article on the project web site.
http://www.wilsonbridge.com/
http://www.wilsonbridge.com/pdfs/pressReleases/pr2006-0407.pdf

Rob Bourgeois
04-10-2006, 2:01 PM
Wondering what she thinks about...while she sits all day? "Where is that damn hubby its his turn to sit here...?"

mms://lastream001.galaxytelevision.net/hh001

Males sit also...If you watch long enough they will switch off.

John Miliunas
04-10-2006, 3:02 PM
Truly spectacular creatures, ain't they? We have an area not too far from where we live, along the Wisconsin River, where many Eagles nest, feed and use as a "rest stop". Just wonderful to watch them in flight. :) :cool:

Rod Upfold
04-10-2006, 3:33 PM
The video feed is from British Columbia...but in our county in Ontario we have supposely 8 to 10 eagle nest. The nature club and Ministry of Nature Resouces won't tell anyone their locations, because they are afraid people won't leave them alone.

Joe Pelonio
04-10-2006, 4:10 PM
That's cool. Here we have a cam for an Osprey nest, I'm not giving the link because it appears to be down, or maybe they have left.

On the way to work and back every day I see two bald eagles in a tall tree at the side of the lake. Unfortunately the leaves are starting to come out and we won't be able to see them any more. Once in a while they are flying around and the traffic slows as people try to see them while driving.
I'm actually pretty lucky when we have daylight time. On the way to work I see the eagles, then the Ospreys, and the Olympic mountains. On the way home I see the Cascade mountains, the Ospreys, then the eagles.
Of course both ways I also see Mount Rainier but only when it's not cloudy.

Steve Evans
04-10-2006, 5:23 PM
The video feed is from British Columbia...but in our county in Ontario we have supposely 8 to 10 eagle nest. The nature club and Ministry of Nature Resouces won't tell anyone their locations, because they are afraid people won't leave them alone.

Rod

I used to fly ministry folks around doing some neat things, such as counting ducks or checking on fishing boats in Lake Erie (making sure that they were within their license area). I had several eagle nests pointed out to me from 500' agl (officially). It was pretty neat to see from the air.

Steve