PDA

View Full Version : Malcom Tibbetts, Anyone?

Vaughn McMillan
04-10-2006, 4:00 AM
This may be old hat to most of you, but some of the newbs might not have seen this guy's work. LOML was Googling for vases, and she came across Malcom Tibbetts' website. The Gallery section of his site has some unreal turning examples: http://www.tahoeturner.com/gallery.html.

I know nothing about the man except that his turning is unlike anything I've seen before. Did I just fall off the turnip truck? Is his stuff yeaterday's news to all you real turners?

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-10-2006, 4:41 AM
OK, that's it, anyone wanna buy a slightly used lathe......... :eek:

Man that stuff is unreal!!

See the one with, 9,900 pieces....? I mean really, why not just add another 100 pieces somewhere to make is a cool 10 thousand.... ;)

Great find, this guy is really an artist for sure.

Cheers!

sascha gast
04-10-2006, 4:52 AM
Malcolm is an amazing turner, I have been following his work on the WOW site, he is a great artist and a wonderful guy from what can tell, reading his posts there.
He just did a class not too long ago in David Marks's Studio or at least he was a guest artist there and David has a few pics on his website.
If you guys ever check out the WOW site, you'll be amazed

sascha

Christopher K. Hartley
04-10-2006, 6:28 AM
Malcolm is an amazing turner, I have been following his work on the WOW site, he is a great artist and a wonderful guy from what can tell, reading his posts there.
He just did a class not too long ago in David Marks's Studio or at least he was a guest artist there and David has a few pics on his website.
If you guys ever check out the WOW site, you'll be amazed

sascha
Sascha, Do you happen to have the link? Thanks.

Jim Becker
04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Malcolm is a wonderful fellow who not only does awesome work, but also is very sharing with the turning community.

Christopher, WOW (World of Woodturning) is a member-only site, but you can get an invitation to join from any member. PM with you email address if you are interested.