PDA

View Full Version : Another Big Haul!

Christopher K. Hartley
04-09-2006, 7:15 PM
I was going over to my son's house today and wouldn't you know it someone was taking down two Live Oaks in their front yard. I whipped the truck over to the curb and asked if they'd like to have some of the larger pieces hauled away. Don't ya just love it when people say, "take all you want, please!" I helped my self to a bed load and helped them load their trailer. afterward I gave them my number to give an estimate on removing one of my tall pines and waved good-by. The ride home was a nice one.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2006, 7:18 PM
PBLFFFT! :D Nice gloat!

John Timberlake
04-09-2006, 9:23 PM
Nice pile of wood. Never turned live oak. How does it turn and what does it look like? More like red oak, white oak, or??? Will be looking for pictures of finished products.

Corey Hallagan
04-09-2006, 9:51 PM
Nice haul there Chris! I see some oak projects on the way!!

Corey

Christopher K. Hartley
04-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Nice pile of wood. Never turned live oak. How does it turn and what does it look like? More like red oak, white oak, or??? Will be looking for pictures of finished products.

John, I really don't know but you can rest assured I will post the turnings and I will let you know how it does.

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Nice gloat and a nice haul of wood. Would really like to know how green oak turns Christopher. I have a chance to get a couple of logs.

John Hart
04-10-2006, 7:20 AM
Live Oak is my 2nd favorite tree. I've been dying to see how it looks Turned. Really looking forward to pics Christopher. Nice haul!!!!