PDA

View Full Version : Bench drawers to match my router table

James Biddle
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Here are the drawers I just finished that match my recently completed router table. Thanks for looking.
http://home.comcast.net/~jbiddle/pics/wbdrawers2.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~jbiddle/pics/wbdrawers1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~jbiddle/pics/wbdrawers3.JPG

Steve Clardy
04-09-2006, 1:15 PM
Very nice!!

Mark Rios
04-09-2006, 1:21 PM
I'm sorry, what showroom is this again?

Mark Singer
04-09-2006, 1:27 PM
Very nice....a little too clean and fresh looking...I could not lose a pizza in there:confused:

Dev Emch
04-09-2006, 1:52 PM
Very nice....a little too clean and fresh looking...I could not lose a pizza in there:confused:

Mark... Dont you know better? Its almost impossible for any of us to loose a pizza regardless of the mess. Even in my pig pen of a shop. That is because most of us have four legged sniffers running about and pizza in the shop seams to be fair game. First come, first serve!

Dev Emch
04-09-2006, 1:55 PM
I'm sorry, what showroom is this again? Yah, its too clean. Does not pass the yellow labrador test. That is, when a black labrador enters the shop, he must exit as a yellow labrador.:D

Matt Meiser
04-09-2006, 2:04 PM
Another very nice piece of shop furniture!

Chris Barton
04-09-2006, 2:06 PM
You shop looks nicer than my livingroom. I love the paduk drawers.

Jim Becker
04-09-2006, 2:10 PM
They look great, James. I think it's really nice to do "fine furniture" in the shop...it gives it a special feel and is inspiring during project work.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-09-2006, 2:17 PM
Man alive that is nice!!

At least put some cheesey poster on the wall ;) :D

Eric Shields
04-09-2006, 8:07 PM
James,

As I commented on your router table, your drawers are exceptionally beautiful pieces of craftmanship. As Jim illuded to, fine furniture in the shop inspires inspiration. Can't say that I ever thought about it, but I find myself with a new mission as I am planning my shop. Though I am no where close to beginning the construction of my various benches and shop cabinets, you have inspired me. When I begin sketching out these shop items I will certainly keep in mind the inspiration reflected here and take the time to build quality shop components.

Thanks again to SMC and its membership for the ability to share our passion, ideas, and (of course) inspiration.

Eric

Doug Shepard
04-09-2006, 8:35 PM
That's just too purty. I wasn't aware NASA commisioned woodworking pieces but I can certainly understand the need for a clean room if you're doing work for them:D

Jerry Olexa
04-09-2006, 8:38 PM
Very nice...Does look a little too neat and clean tho :D

Steve Clardy
04-09-2006, 8:42 PM
Looks like we got another adaption of a T. Hatfield shop
Super!!!

Ron Fritz
04-09-2006, 8:47 PM
Excellent craftsmanship. Now lets see some saw dust!

James Biddle
04-09-2006, 9:26 PM
Couple of notes:
I like to use my shop projects as a way to practice with techniques, woods, finishes, etc. as a way to hide and remind me of my learning experiences.

I don't turn my power tools on when I've been drinking wine, but I'll run the vac. I like wine.

Von Bickley
04-09-2006, 9:34 PM
You guys have better looking furniture in your shops than I have in the house.