PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up to birthday gift.

Tom Pritchard
04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi all!

A couple weeks ago I posted a note and some pics of a sign that I received for my birthday. I finished the sign, and it's ready to be hung. Here's a pic of the sign after finishing. I used oil based cherry stain on the letters and edging of the sign, and then applied 2 coats of Deft semi-gloss spray lacquer to it. The lacquer smelled terrible (sprayed in the garage with the doors open!), but worked great!

I also received and assembled my new, almost famous, Amazon $321.99 6" jointer this week! It works great, and arrived in good condition. The base was shipped by a company called "Eagle", and the box arrived in pretty bad shape from them, but there was no damage to the base at all. The setup and assembly went pretty well, and other than some sub-standard hardware that came with the free mobile base (hard to complain about something that was free, but I'd be upset if I paid for it), everything looks good! Here's the pics (you can rest now Tyler;) )!

Don Baer
04-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Great Gloat Tom..

scott spencer
04-09-2006, 8:05 AM
Hi Tom - The jointer and the sign both look great! You'll wonder how you ever got by without a jointer once you get used to using it.

Jack Ferrell
04-09-2006, 8:49 AM
Nice sign and jointer Tom. BTW, how do you like the Woodhaven miter gauge. Is it 'dead on accurate right out of the box' like they say? Thanks.

George Kretschmann
04-09-2006, 9:03 AM
I have noticed lately ...that there are a lot of Creekers receiving expensive equipment damanaged from the sender or carrier. This makes me want to pick up anything personally or buy locally. :(

Anyway good gloat :D

Tom Pritchard
04-09-2006, 3:02 PM
Nice sign and jointer Tom. BTW, how do you like the Woodhaven miter gauge. Is it 'dead on accurate right out of the box' like they say? Thanks.

Jack, the Woodhaven is dead on accurate. I first purchased an Osbourne EB-3 gauge, and I fought with it for almost a year before ordering the Woodhaven. The Woodhaven is a joy to use, very solid and stabil, and has the advantage of going up to 90 degrees in either direction (ends up parallel to blade), which is a great advantage. The stops are impossible to mis-set, and are dead on as well. I would highly recommend it!