PDA

View Full Version : MM 16 just got it , what blades work best????

Bill Stoffels
04-08-2006, 9:50 AM
If you have a MM16 what blades are you using and how are they perfoming.
Thanks

Jeff Geltz
04-08-2006, 9:58 AM
Congrats on the saw.

I've had good luck with Timberwolf blades from Suffolk. I also have one of the Resaw Master blades from Laguna. I save the resaw blade for "special" cuts and beat the heck out of the Timberwolves.

Keep your eye out for a sale on ceramic guides. Word is that Grizzly is coming out with a set soon. I installed a set on my LT18 and they made a world of difference.

Brian Hale
04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
So far I've only used the carbide tipped Tri-Master on mine and I'm real pleased with it. Cuts fast and very smooth for such an aggressive looking blade but it needs plenty of tension which the MM16 can provide.

I'll be looking for additional blades at a lower price point to try out for comparisons and to have a spare handy so i'll interested in the experiences of others.

Brian :)

Jim Becker
04-08-2006, 11:23 AM
For general purpose, I use Timberwolf blades from Suffolk Machinery (http://www.suffolkmachinery.com). I keep a 1/2" blade on the machine most of the time. For resaw, I use a Lennox TriMaster 1" carbide tipped.

David Eisenhauer
04-08-2006, 12:02 PM
The "throw in" Olsen blades MM gave me for buyiong the saw work fine for me on general shop cutting, and the Trimaster works good for resawing Mesquite. I don't have one now, but i have used the "bimetal" Lennox blade (cheaper than Trimaster - non carbide) in the past and thought it was the best blade I had used until I tried the carbide blade.

Paul B. Cresti
04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Guys for cheaper blades I use the Lennox Diemaster II bimetal blades. I have a couple of 1/2" on hand all the time. They work well enough for general cutting and a quick resaw, scroll cutting ....When I get into heavy ripping and a decent amount of resawing I use the Trimaster.