PDA

View Full Version : Watch OUT!!!

Keith Starosta
04-08-2006, 9:03 AM
After one home run Friday night, the Tigers hold the major league record for the most home runs through the first four games of the season:

TEAM HR YEAR
Detroit 16 2006
Seattle 13 1998
N.Y. Yankees 12 2003
Chicago Cubs 12 1955

How d'ya like DEM apples?! LOL! The bubble WILL burst....soon, I would imagine, but, WOW!, it's kinda nice to see this! They went to 4-0 and ensured that they will open the season with a winning, multi-city trip for the first time since .........{GASP!!!!!}........ 1984.

Steve Ash
04-08-2006, 9:58 AM
Wasn't the catch phrase for the tigers "hear the roar in 84"? I remember that year well, I had a radio in the tractor that we leased and spent a lot of those nights working the fields and listening to the tiger baseball broadcasts....fine memories. It would be nice to see the tigers be contenders again....same with my Packers.

Keith Starosta
04-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I hear ya, Steve! I'd love to see the Boys return to their old glory. I was as into baseball as any kid could possibly be in '84. It was my life then, and my Tigers made it the greatest sports summer of my life!

As far as the Pahkers go.....well, let's just say I am a DETROIT sports fan....:D

- Keith

Steve Ash
04-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Well Keith, I'm dating myself as far as sports kids go, I was 10 when the tigers won in '68 and remember that team well. Think I can still recite all the starters as well as coach. Probably can name most of the '84 Tigers...but for the life of me all I can remember of the Lions is Barry Sanders. The Packers should have drafted him instead of Tony Mandarich that year.

Tigers won again last night....hope it is the start of something great!

Doug Shepard
04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
These guys might actually give me a reason to start watching baseball again. It's been a long dry spell for Detroit baseball fans. And the only lions worth watching around here are at the Detroit Zoo.

Paul Downes
04-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey Doug, What ya complaining about! We got the wings, and pistons at the top of the heap. Not bad, 2 for 4. That's batting .500. Sure would like to see the other 2 get their act together though.

Keith Starosta
04-10-2006, 7:46 AM
Hey Doug, What ya complaining about! We got the wings, and pistons at the top of the heap. Not bad, 2 for 4. That's batting .500. Sure would like to see the other 2 get their act together though.

No kidding. Lions management must not really understand how quickly and significantly the city would wrap their arms around a true championship football team. I truly believe that if the Ford's could somehow put together a decent product and actually WIN something, the Lions would steal the sports popularity away from the Wings and Pistons.

I know.......only in my dreams...... :rolleyes: :eek:

GO TIGERS!! :D

- Keith

Jim Becker
04-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Is that like...a sport or something??? :o:p

Lee DeRaud
04-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Is that like...a sport or something??? :o:pNot the way they normally play.:eek: :cool: :D