View Full Version : Jorgensen 24", 36" 48" clamps on sale at Amazon

Delano Mireles
08-19-2003, 8:27 PM
In case some don't peruse any of the other boards:

Amazon is having a sale on their Jorgensen 24", 36" 48" clamps:

24" - $14.99...regular $32.99
36" - $16.99...regular $38.99
48" - $17.99...regular $41.99

If you're interested I'd jump on it - - They're going fast!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=tools&field-keywords=cabinet%20master%20clamps&search-type=ss&bq=1/002-4949023-6324051

Delano

Steve Clardy
08-19-2003, 9:03 PM
Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!! Steve

Went there and ordered 12 of the 36" clamps. SUPER PRICE!!!!!!

Anthony Yakonick
08-19-2003, 9:12 PM
Thanks I just placed an order!

Howard Norman
08-19-2003, 9:17 PM
In case some don't peruse any of the other boards:

Amazon is having a sale on their Jorgensen 24", 36" 48" clamps:

24" - $14.99...regular $32.99
36" - $16.99...regular $38.99
48" - $17.99...regular $41.99

If you're interested I'd jump on it - - They're going fast!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=tools&field-keywords=cabinet%20master%20clamps&search-type=ss&bq=1/002-4949023-6324051

Delano
Thanks, I just ordered two of each.

Howard

Ken DeMarco
08-19-2003, 9:41 PM
Thanks,
Just got 4 of each, Woohoo!!

Tom Sweeney
08-19-2003, 9:49 PM
I just ordered 4 of the 36".
It took a little negotiation with LOML - but I am a salesman :D

(I made a larger tool purchase last week without checking with the accounting department - so I have to be careful for a bit :rolleyes: )

Jim Becker
08-19-2003, 10:05 PM
I just jumped on 10 24-inchers...while I prefer Bessy K-Bodies, this deal can't be passed up. I run short of this size too often not to buy them "now".

Thanks for the tip, Delano!

John Miliunas
08-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks much for the heads up, Delano! Ordered 4 of the two-footers. Only "problem" now is, I'll have more "orange" than "red" clamps! Guess I'll live with it. :D

Oh, and Jim B.: Any particular reason you prefer the K-body to the Cabinet Master? I just got my first CM units and I think they're nicer (gasp!) than the Bessey's on several points. Just MHO and curious on your preference. :cool:

Jim Becker
08-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Oh, and Jim B.: Any particular reason you prefer the K-body to the Cabinet Master? I just got my first CM units and I think they're nicer (gasp!) than the Bessey's on several points. Just MHO and curious on your preference. :cool:

It's not a functional preference...it's just that I prefer to stick with one format on things like this when I can as you really can't pair a Bessey with a Jorgensen very well if you need to...they are just different enough in size to make that unwieldy and I already have about two dozen K-bodies in my shop. I've also heard that the plastic on the J may not be quite as sturdy, but that is not something I have personal knowledge of. For $14.99...I'll be quite happy to have 10 J clamps on my wall ready for the next large project! Even my "nice guy" discount from my regular source for B-K clamps can't come close. (This is even better than that Sears debacle a year ago on the Bessys... :rolleyes: )

I would have ordered more, but I just bought some stuff from Woodpeckers this week and there is that little kitchen project I've been working on... :D

Joe Breid
08-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks,
I just ordered 4 of each size.

Now I will have to build a rack to hold these clamps instead of letting them lay all over the place.

Joe

Scott Coffelt
08-19-2003, 11:38 PM
color on the bessey rack. I ordered 4 of the 36", gives me a chance to try them and I also was interested in the spreading feature. I still may order a couple of more not sure yet. It is hard to pass up at this price.

Lars Thomas
08-19-2003, 11:53 PM
Great post! Just ordered 4 of the 3 footers. Thanks

Bart Leetch
08-20-2003, 1:16 AM
Still pretty expensive for a inexpensive guy like me. 4 of each size would cost just about 1/2 of what I have in an assortment of (18) 3/4" pipe clamps. (22) Light duty bar clamps,(8) light duty rectangular aluminum tube clamps,(5) c clamps, (4)spring clamps. Plus I would have to do a lot of projects but that means I need more wood. I think I'll buy the wood. This is just a hobby for me I have never been in enough of a hurry to need to spend even at sale price that much for 1 clamp.

I purchase the 3/4" pipe clamp for around $4 & the 3/4" pipe used the last batch of pipe was 17' for $2. I have never had a problem getting my projects clamped square.

I would probably be sold on this type of clamp if I could ever justify the cost.

Keep talking about these clamps I really like reading about how much you like them though.

Rob Russell
08-20-2003, 8:16 AM
I would probably be sold on this type of clamp if I could ever justify the cost.

Bart,

I've got a fair assortment of clamps too. When it comes to gluing up "stuff", the K-bodies are the first thing I reach for because they make it easier. I will be buying a number of the CM's because they are equally as good.

At these prices, I'd really suggest that you get a pair of the 24" and a pair of the 36" clamps. Order them from Amazon now and use them for a month. If you really don't like them, sell them on Ebay or to someone here just to get most of your money back.

This is from a post I put up on the Felder Owner's Group forum ...

This fall will be a good time to add to your clamp collection.

I stumbled across some of the Jorgenson Cabinet Master clamps at a
local job lot store. The CM is Jorgenson's competitor to the Bessey
K-body, in some ways better (deeper reach, reversible head), in some
ways easier to jam. Anyway, the prices on these clamps were good. I
had one that got stuck in the closed position and called Jorgenson in
Chicago to get some tech help. As part of the conversation, I
learned a bit about the low prices on the clamps.

Jorgenson is a family owned business. They are celebrating their
100th anniversary. As a thanks to the woodworker who has kept them
in business for the past century, they are running a promotion which
you'll see advertised shortly. Basically, they are selling a PILE of
clamps to their distributors at such a price so the retailers can
sell them at 50% or less of normal retail.

Them's cheap prices. So cheap that Jorgenson is losing money on the
clamps, but - according to the guy I talked with - it's their way of
saying thanks. He also said they're coming out with a commemorative
version of the #2 handscrew in walnut which will retail for the same
or less than the standard model.

Woodcraft has ordered truckloads. Amazon has ordered a boatload. I
got the impression that the job lot chain I found the clamps at broke
the "rules" of the pricing because they were selling them at higher
than the prices listed above.

Rob

Wayne Johnson
08-20-2003, 8:32 AM
Wow! I just ordered a "boat load" too. Thanks for the tip! I have virtually zilch for clamps, so this was a great find.

Wayne

David LaRue
08-20-2003, 8:41 AM
I got my Amazon catalog yesterday. I saw the clamp prices, and said to myself... "ooh good prices.. I could use more clamps"

I purchased (2) 24" , and (2) 36" to complement my other Bessys.

BONUS: Amazon has a $30 certificate offer
and a .05 for answering a question correctly.

So, all told my $144 worth of clamps cost me $ 33 :cool:

Dave

Jason Roehl
08-20-2003, 8:44 AM
You guys are aweful. Shame on you for baiting me into such an impulse purchase. :D

Noah Alkinburgh
08-20-2003, 9:02 AM
I got my Amazon catalog yesterday. I saw the clamp prices, and said to myself... "ooh good prices.. I could use more clamps"

I purchased (2) 24" , and (2) 36" to complement my other Bessys.

BONUS: Amazon has a $30 certificate offer
and a .05 for answering a question correctly.

So, all told my $144 worth of clamps cost me $ 33 :cool:

Dave

Dave,

Where did you happen to find the $30 certificate?

Noah

David LaRue
08-20-2003, 9:19 AM
Dave,

Where did you happen to find the $30 certificate?

Noah

It was on the checkout screen. - Payment option. Save thirty bucks by signing up for their no-annual-fee credit card. I don't need the credit card but 30 bucks is 30 bucks! :)

Dave

Dave Avery
08-20-2003, 9:47 AM
All,

Amazon is now sold out of all sizes..... the 24" clamps are the #1 sales rank on Amazon - amazing.

Kent Cori
08-20-2003, 2:06 PM
As reported on another forum, Tool Crib is apparently taking back orders on these clamps at the sale prices. Their latest catalog states the prices are good until 9/30/03 so there is still hope for anyone who missed out on the Amazon supply, you may just have to wait a few weeks for delivery. The phone number for Tool Crib is: 1-800-884-9132.

Wayne Johnson
08-20-2003, 3:59 PM
Amazon has already started shipping the clamps I ordered early this morning...1 at a time! I'm glad that they are already shipping, but how do they expect to make money this way? I ordered 26. I really don't care if I get 26 separate packages, but good grief that seems like a strange way to do business.

Wayne

Tom Sweeney
08-20-2003, 4:54 PM
There was supposed to be somewhere to click on send in as few packages as possible - to get the free shipping - I never found it but got the free shipping anyway.

A friend of a friend manages shipping for Amazon - she said they lose money on every order - don't know if it's true but it's a heck of a way to run a railroad. Their idea is the same dot com idea everyone had - build up your customer database then branch out & make money down the road. Somehow Amazon's still going strong while most of the dot coms with that biz plan are DOA.

Amazon has already started shipping the clamps I ordered early this morning...1 at a time! I'm glad that they are already shipping, but how do they expect to make money this way? I ordered 26. I really don't care if I get 26 separate packages, but good grief that seems like a strange way to do business.

Wayne

John Davidson
08-20-2003, 5:38 PM
There was supposed to be somewhere to click on send in as few packages as possible - to get the free shipping - I never found it but got the free shipping anyway.

A friend of a friend manages shipping for Amazon - she said they lose money on every order - don't know if it's true but it's a heck of a way to run a railroad. Their idea is the same dot com idea everyone had - build up your customer database then branch out & make money down the road. Somehow Amazon's still going strong while most of the dot coms with that biz plan are DOA.

Maybe that is why they are showing no longer stocked or discontinued. I ordered 6 48" clamps this morning and was just now going back to get 6 24" clamps but it looks like the gold mine has panned out.

Jim Becker
08-20-2003, 5:59 PM
Maybe that is why they are showing no longer stocked or discontinued. I ordered 6 48" clamps this morning and was just now going back to get 6 24" clamps but it looks like the gold mine has panned out.

Folks in another forum report that if you call the Toolcrib sales line, you can backorder them at the sale price with shipping in 3-4 weeks. The number is 800-635-5140.

Steve Clardy
08-20-2003, 6:02 PM
and have gotten 8 separate emails telling me they have shipped. So either 4 of them are on backorder, or their emails haven't all gotten sent out.
Yes, what a strange way to ship things. I also got the free shipping. Steve

John Davidson
08-20-2003, 7:55 PM
Folks in another forum report that if you call the Toolcrib sales line, you can backorder them at the sale price with shipping in 3-4 weeks. The number is 800-635-5140.

Jim, that's exactly what I did. 6 24" clamps are on back order with the Crib.

Thanks

JayStPeter
08-20-2003, 8:44 PM
I ordered 4x36" and 2x48", they shipped one of each. I don't really care how long it takes, I won't have a shop for a few months anyway.