PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #43 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
04-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Friday April 7th, 2006

Well, it's been a while since my last update. Mostly small stuff and lots of paint drying. Rich Sorom and his crew are putting 3 coats of paint on all the trim. Sanded between each coat. They're done for now until Rob and Sean come back to finish up the trim work.

Got our front door put in Thursday and the siding was supposed to be finished up today, but weather prevented that. Lot's of rain last night and then this morning. It changed over to sleet and then hail and then snow. Did turn the lawn white but it's all gone now. I guess Greg will be here Monday to finish up the siding.

Thursday was the day the California Closets got delivered and installed. They are pricey, but really nice. I looked around as I thought I'd install some my self, but what I saw was not nearly as good as the Calif. Closets stuff.
This is the pantry.

Mom's closet

Norm got all the ceiling fans installed earlier this week also. This is the one over the table. Not sure if we're going to keep it though. The light isn't as bright as we thought it would be. We are getting old and need a lot of light. :o :)

We also have water now. At least to the pressure tank in the basement. Marshall Well got the new service, from the well to inside, installed Wednesday.

The counter tops are being installed on Monday. The plumber will be back Tuesday to finish all the hookups and install all the faucets, toilets etc. Norm the electrician will be back also to get the wiring to the septic pump hooked up. Wednesday the stove and vent hood get delivered. They get installed Thursday. That should just about be the end and we should be moving in starting Friday. :)

Stay tuned. This will be a busy week.

Karl

Steve Ash
04-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Man Karl, you are making excellent progress. Looks real good. The California closets is what my wife wants in her walk in closet, is there a website to find what's available?

Moving day is getting close, better have the beer chillin and the briquets handy for grillin.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Karl..............things are going well! Congrats to you....your GC and subs!

Jim Becker
04-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the update, Karl!

Karl Laustrup
04-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Man Karl, you are making excellent progress. Looks real good. The California closets is what my wife wants in her walk in closet, is there a website to find what's available?

Moving day is getting close, better have the beer chillin and the briquets handy for grillin.

http://calclosets.com/ I bet there's a CC store in your area. Give them a call. They'll come out and see what you have and suggest ways to maximize the space and give you an estimate.

I'm not affiliated with California Closets, just a satisfied customer.

Karl

Jerry Olexa
04-09-2006, 4:14 PM
Karl, love the front door and knocker.. Just thought:you could start a new TV series for PBS: "This new House". Its been fun reading your progress and seeing your new home develop. Hate to see it end. But I know you guys are anxious to "move In"...Looking good, my friend.:)

Don Baer
04-09-2006, 8:47 PM
Karl,
Been wondering how things were going. See I toll ya yud be in by Easter..