PDA

View Full Version : White Lightning Lube on Sale

John Stevens
04-07-2006, 9:48 AM
For those who like to use White Lightning for lubrication in the shop, it's on sale at Performance:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile_combo.cfm?SKU=16732&estore_ID=647&subcategory_ID=&CFID=81584417&CFTOKEN=95871748

For those who don't yet use White Lightning and aren't familiar with the product, it's a paraffin-based lubricant dissolved in a very fast-evaporating solvent. Much cleaner than Boeshield (IMO), but not good for lubricating ball bearings of any sort.

Kyle Stiefel
04-07-2006, 11:48 AM
For those who like to use White Lightning for lubrication in the shop, it's on sale at Performance:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile_combo.cfm?SKU=16732&estore_ID=647&subcategory_ID=&CFID=81584417&CFTOKEN=95871748

For those who don't yet use White Lightning and aren't familiar with the product, it's a paraffin-based lubricant dissolved in a very fast-evaporating solvent. Much cleaner than Boeshield (IMO), but not good for lubricating ball bearings of any sort.

John,

I have ridden for years, no longer use White Lightning on the bike but was wondering what do exactly do you apply it to in the shop?

Thanks,
Kyle

Bill Simmeth
04-07-2006, 6:56 PM
I have ridden for years, no longer use White Lightning on the bike but was wondering what do exactly do you apply it to in the shop?It's great for things like machine ways and screws (like the arbor ways and turn screws on your table saw) since it isn't greasy and doesn't collect sawdust the way regular grease does.

Kyle Stiefel
04-07-2006, 7:07 PM
It's great for things like machine ways and screws (like the arbor ways and turn screws on your table saw) since it isn't greasy and doesn't collect sawdust the way regular grease does.

Bill,

Thanks for the input, I was thinking along those lines.

Kyle

John Stevens
04-10-2006, 12:18 AM
John,

I have ridden for years, no longer use White Lightning on the bike but was wondering what do exactly do you apply it to in the shop?

Thanks,
Kyle

Yeah, what Bill said. And I like to use it around the house for stuff--sometimes you never know when it'll come in handy.