PDA

View Full Version : Since we are on pens right now...

Curtis O. Seebeck
04-07-2006, 1:45 AM
Here are a couple of cigar pens I completed recently. The top is Texas Ebony and the bottom is Texas Escarpment Black Cherry, a variety of black cherry that only grows in the Texas Hillcountry. It is from a Cherry tree that was dying that I cut at my in-law's ranch in Luckenbach, TX. Remember the old country song...Let's go to Luckenbach, TX, with Willie and Waylon and the boys...?

The picture is not great since it is a scan and my scanner stinks but you get the idea! Both are cigar pens from Arizona Silhouette in chrome. The finish is CA buffed on the beal system.

These are the 29th and 30th cigar pens I have made! I really like cigar pens and especially like the chrome finish for some reason. Anyway, comments and critiques welcome!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/MesquiteMan/Cherryandebony.jpg

Randy Meijer
04-07-2006, 2:04 AM
I like the shape of the Cherry pen, Curtis. I was comparing it with one that I have and noticed that the black paint is all cracked, crinkled, and peeling off the nib. I had noticed a few little dings and scratches in the black paint in the past and used a black Sharpie to touch it up. Guess that was not such a hot idea??

Chris Barton
04-07-2006, 8:12 AM
Great pens Curtis! The cigar pen is one of my favorites and I probably turn more of those than anything else. They always draw lots of attention.

Bernie Weishapl
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Beautiful pens Curtis. Very nice fit and finish. Great work.

Barry Stratton
04-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Beautiful pens! Wow. I've got to try some of those. Family ranch in the hill country? Now I am really jealous......Hunted there many times with friends.......

Frank Fusco
04-07-2006, 2:41 PM
Well done. I especially like the Texas ebony.