PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back and Finally Settled In

Don Abele
04-06-2006, 8:19 PM
Wow, has it been a long time since I was here, and man did I miss it. I left Chesapeake, VA last summer on my way up to Boston, MA when the Navy decided that I had to take a detour or two on my way up here. I finally got to Boston with my family (they got here on time last summer) at the beginning of this year. It has been very busy with my new house and a new job but I think I've finally settled into a routine.

My tools were in storage for 9 months and there's some damage. I'll post pictures soon as I will need some advice on some - lots of rust :mad: (even though I had coated them with TopCote before they shipped them).

Speaking of pictures, I also will do a photo essay on a shop that is an absolute dream on steriods. I've been in there dozen of times now and still can't stop from gawking. :eek:

That's about it for now, glad to be back...:D

Be well,

Don

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 8:24 PM
Hey Doc............It's good to hear from you again! You gotta lot of catching up to do. Thanks for your service!

Mike Cutler
04-06-2006, 8:40 PM
Good to see ya' back Doc'.

I've used your nail gun X-rays many times in the past year or so, as the safety component of job briefings at work. Turns out one of those X-rays is believed to be from an accident that happened on our site. No more ty-wrapping nail gun triggers.;)

Once again, good seeing you back, and have fun in Beantown.

Michael Ballent
04-06-2006, 9:11 PM
Welcome back, there is a whole lot of material for you to troll through... Bummer on the rust Boeshield has some stuff to help remove it, and it's stinky but works pretty good. Of course being in Arizona, we do not have a lot of rust problems here. :) I also use the Boeshield T-9 on my machinery it's amazing how well it works.

And THANK YOU for your service :D

Jim Becker
04-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Welcome back "aboard", Don!!! I guess you have a few posts to catch up on... LOL!! :D

Don Abele
04-08-2006, 1:38 PM
Thanks guys. "A few" posts...:eek: ...I think I've finally gotten through the ones posted for this year at least. Think I may leave it at that. Trying to get through 9 months of posts would probably take me 9 months!!!

Be well,

Doc

Steve Clardy
04-08-2006, 1:49 PM
Welcome back Don!! Thought you had evaporated!

John Miliunas
04-08-2006, 2:37 PM
Great to have you back, Don!!! Catching up on 9 months??? Whew...I have a hard time to catch up on a day or two out here anymore! :eek: Anyhow, looking forward to some of your picture essays and, as has been mentioned, thanks much for your service! Know that it's appreciated here! :) :cool:

Dave Anderson NH
04-08-2006, 5:40 PM
An official welcome to New England Doc. I have the highest respect for the folks in your trade. I made use of the services of your specialty a coupla times back in the late sixties. You're all right, even if you are a Squid.:D

I know and have seen the shop you are talking about. Please post the pictures. Folks here will definately be interested. They still have that big stack of live oak knees there?

I don't know if you are busy next weekend, but you are invited to a Guild of NH Woodworkers meeting in Derry NH on Saturday if you are interested. Creeker Mark Stutz from St. Louis will be there too. PM me if you're interested.

Don Abele
04-08-2006, 6:22 PM
Dave, thanks for the invite - PM sent. Aaahhh, so you've seen "heaven" too...and yes, they still have quite a large collection of "spares" sitting around in case we ever need them.

Thanks again.

Be well,

Doc

CPeter James
04-08-2006, 6:37 PM
I'll second what Dave Anderson said and also invite you to our meeting. We have a pretty good number of members from northern, MA, so you may find some other woodworkers from your area.

CPeter