PDA

View Full Version : Anudder Pen.....

Corey Hallagan
04-06-2006, 8:08 PM
Hello all, hope all is going well in everyone's corner of the world! I know Bernie is preparing for a blizzard, and we are preparing for bad wind, rain and hail storms. We are only one state away from each other!

Anyway back to buisness! Saturday is my brother-in-law's 50th birthday. suprise party actually. We have been buds for along time, fishing partners, moving partners etc. We went to highschool together as well while he was a senior and I was a sophmore. Wife bought him a nice gift but I wanted to turn him a pen. So this is it. A walnut slimline with a lacquer and TSW finish.

Thanks,
Corey

Chris Barton
04-06-2006, 8:11 PM
Very nice Corey. I really like the finish. It will mean a lot to you BIL!

Bob Noles
04-06-2006, 8:18 PM
Corey,

Another nice pen job. I like the looks of that one very much. Nice style and creativity.

Corey, from the picture, it appears that the transmission may be pushed forward just a tad too much. You may want to shorten your press push just a hair and that way the point will not stick out quite as far which I believe is the general goal. I hope you won't be offended with the constructive tip as your friendship means a lot.

The pen looks great and I cannot believe how well you have taken to turning after freting in the beginning :)

Now.... go hunker down for the storms and my prayers are with you for a safe ride. I'll send a note to Bernie as well.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 8:19 PM
Excellent pen Corey and a nice gift!

Bernie Weishapl
04-06-2006, 8:23 PM
Corey the pen is awesome. Gotta love the walnut. That will be a excellent gift. He is going to love it. Great job.

John Hart
04-06-2006, 8:30 PM
Wow Corey...you got a really nice finish on that. I'm a walnut junkie!!:)

Barry Stratton
04-06-2006, 8:47 PM
Beauty! I'm a sucker for walnut as well.

You guys and your wind, rain and hail.. I woke up to 3 1/2" of fresh snow today .......

Corey Hallagan
04-06-2006, 8:49 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Bob, you scared me on the tranny thing. I just checked it, I just didn't have the pen twisted in enough. Getting along good on the pens! Now I am fretting about turning non pen items :)
Got me a chuck for the lathe and just got in a nice stash of dry turning stock. Going to give my first non pen turning a shot this weekend!

Corey

Ernie Nyvall
04-06-2006, 9:47 PM
Nice pen Corey. He should like it very much.

Ernie

dennis kranz
04-07-2006, 1:14 AM
I like the looks of that one. Nice clean lines, good color and a great finish. Well done.
Dennis

Scott Donley
04-07-2006, 2:27 AM
Nice pen and a great gift Corey. Don't fret the non pen items, if I managed to get through my first one unscathed, I know it will be a breeze for you :)

Corey Hallagan
04-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys. Scott, I have a little chuck of poplar on the lathe right now, we will see what it turns into tomorrow!!

Corey

George Conklin
04-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys. Scott, I have a little chuck of poplar on the lathe right now, we will see what it turns into tomorrow!!

Corey

Good luck, Corey. I'm sure it will turn out great.