PDA

View Full Version : Need a Vendor for Vinyl Material

Keith Outten
04-06-2006, 6:29 PM
I recently purchased a vinyl cutter from Sign Warehouse and after two requests I have just about given up on receiving a catalog from them.

I need to locate a source to purchase vinyl for my new machine, has anyone here got a good source they are willing to share?

Joe Pelonio
04-06-2006, 7:41 PM
Keith,

I use Northwest Sign Supply in Seattle, they deliver every day, same day if I order by 11am. They sell Arlon and Gerber/3M. They do ship UPS but
the vinyl can be heavy. We have 3 other wholesale sign supply places
in Seattle, selling also Universal and Avery, but they charge for delivery.
I'm not at all familiar with your area but isn't there a big city close to you
that has a sign supply?

In case you want to try NW they are at 800-6540194

btw I pay $5.79/yard for Arlon Premium 24" which is a bit more than some of the mail order or internet places, but no shipping charges and I can get 1 yard if I want for that price, most of them will make you by 10 yards of a color and it does get stale sitting on the shelf for too long.

Keith Outten
04-06-2006, 9:59 PM
Thanks Joe,

I haven't been able to find a sign supply on my side of Hampton Roads but there may be one in Norfolk so I am still searching. Richmond is our state capital and has just about any kind of business known to man but shipping would add to the cost. Your right about the weight, the few rolls of vinyl I ordered from sign warehouse had quite a shipping fee attached.

I'll contact NW tomorrow morning, thanks.

Tim Morton
04-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey Keith I am in the sign biz up here in vermont...this is who I use...they are top notch. But yeah you will need to buy 10yds at a time. they are in jersey..so that should be 2 days UPS? beacon charges me like $6 bucks to ship 4 rolls...and the cost per yd is about 6 bucks. But I charge about 9 bucks a sqft.

http://www.beacongraphics.com

Heres another:
http://www.ameriban.com/

Tim Morton
04-07-2006, 9:28 PM
just womdering if you saw my last post keith...on my computer it ws not showing up.

John Pollman
04-07-2006, 9:45 PM
Here's another vote for ameriban.
I too bought a vinyl cutter from Sign Warehouse back in September I think. I'm surprised that you're having trouble getting a catalog though. I get them quite frequently. But back to a good vinyl supplier. Shortly after getting my cutter and using up the "starter set" of vinyl that I received with the cutter I did some searching and found Ameriban. (Actually they've changed their name to Fellers) Their site is http://www.fellers.com/

They've got a couple of branches near me and they've got just about anything you'll need. Drop by their site and request a catalog. I'm sure you'll get one quickly. Theirs is the only place I've dealt with for supplies since October and I've been ver happy so far.

Good luck !

John

Keith Outten
04-08-2006, 3:53 PM
Tim,

Yes, I got your last post.

Thanks

Gary Shoemake
04-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Hey Keith

I have a couple of them, do you want me to send one? Also if you sign up for their email alerts they always have vinyl deals. They also have polyester vinyls for lasering.

Gary