PDA

View Full Version : Call me Mr. Mom.....

Steve Ash
04-06-2006, 2:28 PM
Just brought my wife home from the hospital after her basal thumb arthritis surgery. Dr said her thumb joint was 80% gone and was bone on bone, he said he had never seen one as bad as hers for her age (no, I'm not telling her age but she is younger than me :D )

He also said she would be in a lot of pain for some time but the surgery itself went extremely well, and expected her to be fine in 4-6 weeks. She will need to have her other thumb joint repaired later on in the year (August?)

So...in the meantime, no lifting, cleaning, moving that thumb, etc., which leaves me the cooking and cleaning duties around here for a while. Seems like I remember agreeing to someone saying "in sickness and in health" a long time ago, I wonder if the statute of limitations has expired on that one yet....Just kidding :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 2:33 PM
Steve...........I've seen your other posts concerning the LOYL.......You know well .....the statutes of limitations will never run out for you two!....Quit your whining.....get supper started and breakout the vacumn cleaner..............:rolleyes: :D

I hope the wife gets to feeling better soon!

Don Baer
04-06-2006, 2:40 PM
Steve,
My best to SWMBO. Now get the dishes done..:D

Dave Richards
04-06-2006, 2:52 PM
I also send your SWMBO my best wishes for recovery.

Now get that frilly apron on and get to work. :D

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 2:53 PM
Ahhhh Steve, I suggest you get busy. You do realize than in about 10 days or so, she gets a hard cast!!! :eek: Please, give Judy our best and a big hug. The first few days are the worst and then things settle down quite a bit. Well, until she gets the final hard cast off. (Ouch!!!) It'll get there, but for now, yeah, she's going to need assistance and I can think of nobody better to give her that! :) Take care buddy! :) :cool:

Steve Ash
04-06-2006, 3:12 PM
Steve...........I've seen your other posts concerning the LOYL.......You know well .....the statutes of limitations will never run out for you two!

Yeah I guess I took the guy seriously that day......she is gonna clobber me with her good hand when she see this....

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 3:19 PM
Yeah I guess I took the guy seriously that day......she is gonna clobber me with her good hand when she see this....

Hey, who's the doofus with that good lookin' lady???? :eek: :D :cool:

Jim Davenport
04-06-2006, 3:36 PM
Steve My best wishes for a quick recovery for your wife.
I've been waiting 39 years for my "Marriage license" to expire, I keep reading the fine print. I guess we're both stuck!:rolleyes:

Don Baer
04-06-2006, 3:57 PM
Steve My best wishes for a quick recovery for your wife.
I've been waiting 39 years for my "Marriage license" to expire, I keep reading the fine print. I guess we're both stuck!:rolleyes:

LOML discovered a few weeks ago that we didin't have a copy of our marriage license so we ordered a copy from the county where we were married. It came in the mail last week and she said look honey were legal. I looked at it and noticed that it had an expiration date of 5/31/73 so I proptly showed it to her and said no were no, its expired. Thats when she hit me.

Karl Laustrup
04-06-2006, 5:29 PM

Steve, you ain't fooling me, that's your other brother Steve right? :D

Welcome to the club of Mr. MOM!!! Been one for 9+ years now. Rather enjoy it. Course I'm not trying to build houses too. Just golf. :D

Take care of that fine lady. Looking forward to meeting her soon. Well you too I guess.

Karl

Andy Hoyt
04-06-2006, 5:59 PM
We got married by a JP, and her license had expired the day before. Got a mean letter from the county clerk a week or two later demanding that we come in to the town hall for a do-over. Still have the letter and never showed it to you know who.

One a these days, Alice......... to the moon.

john whittaker
04-06-2006, 8:13 PM
Well Mr. Mom....there are so many smart remarks I could make about that skinny guy in the picture (wonder who that is?) but I will refrain from making any derogatory comments about "slim" and just send my best wishes to your lovely wife.

We had to pay for our marriage lisence....cost $2.00. And my wife-to-be pulled out the 2 bucks and paid cash. Now she says I can't return her because I didn't pay. But she has the receipt and can turn it back in anytime she wishes......That's why I cooked dinner tonight.

Best wishes to you & LOYL.

Jim Young
04-06-2006, 9:54 PM
no, I'm not telling her age but she is younger than meAnd a whole lot better looking. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be for her to watch you clean and do the chores, not because of you but just knowing how she is. Hope she gets well quickly so she can get back to theose quilts.

Mark Rios
04-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey Steve, you're really good with wood. Why don't you make her some sort of wooden hand protector/cast kind of thing. You could make it out of some really expensive wood to show her how much you care. Then, with her special custom made thumb protector from her loving husband, she could get back to cookin' and cleanin', knowing how much you love her.

Just an idea. :D :D :D :D :D

(Please tell her not to hurt me too bad):D

Steve Ash
04-07-2006, 9:35 PM
Just a update....the pain at first was just terrible but it seems to be getting better as the swelling goes down. Took her in to the Dr. this afternoon so he could look at some of her concerns. Her fingers were a little purple and her forearm was very sore. Cooking and cleaning isn't as bad as I thought....as long as I keep ahead of it.

And yes Karl, that is me when I was about 50 lbs lighter and no gray hair....she hasn't changed a bit though.

Vaughn McMillan
04-07-2006, 9:46 PM
...she hasn't changed a bit though.
Man, has she got you well-trained or what?

Here's wishing a speedy and complete recovery for the missus, Steve. Until then, the housework is good for you -- it builds character. (At least that's what SWMBO always tells me.)

- Vaughn