PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Present?

Jeff Lehman
04-06-2006, 1:21 PM
I have had a co-worker approach me (my laser is my side job), about creating a nice 15th Wedding Anniversary present with my laser. I gotta admit, I am a bit stumped as to what would be appropriate that could be lasered.

Any suggestions would be appreciate!

Joe Pelonio
04-06-2006, 1:48 PM
Jeff,

I just finished running a tile for a friend's daughter getting married this weekend. I scanned and engraved their wedding invitation, along with the photo that they sent out with it. I added cork circles on the bottom for a trivet.

For an anniversary it would sure be nice if you could get ahold of an old
wedding photo, and one more current, engrave them both with some words that your friend would have to help with, maybe list their kids if any.

Another idea is a nice wood clock, cut into an elegant shape, engrave the information about the wedding and anniversary dates, add the clock works to it. Maybe even leave room to add the 20th, 25th etc. later on.

Barbara Sample
04-06-2006, 5:03 PM
Hi,
I just did a recent 20th anniversary gift.
It's on a marbleized acrylic heart. I also did one on 8.5 x 11 marble.
I am going to try and send a photo of the marble one.
You could change the photo of course.
I have never posted a photo here, so I am going to try it.
Hope you like it.
Barb:)

Barbara Buhse
04-06-2006, 7:07 PM
I recently did a wooden plaque engraved with a photo for an anniversary... there are some very nice sayings online, if you search for things like "Irish Wedding Blessing" or "anniversary blessing" etc.
I also like the small maple photo album from Laserbits for gifts...
sometimes I use a photo, other times I use the family crest (you can buy a jpg of a family crest at house of names.com)
or you can just personalize it with names and dates.
with the album, I also engrave a messagae on the inside back cover from whomever the gift giver is.

Barbara

Dave Fifield
04-07-2006, 8:43 PM
How about a nice jewelry chest/box with lasered panels (hearts/flowers/birds...that kind of thing)?

Dave F.

Dave Jones
04-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Just a thought... Here's the list of traditional anniversary gift types:

1st - First - Paper
2nd - Second - Cotton
3rd - Third - Leather
4th - Fourth - Fruit/Flowers
5th - Fifth - Wood
6th - Sixth - Candy/Iron
7th - Seventh - Wool/Copper
8th - Eighth - Bronze/Pottery
9th - Ninth - Pottery/Willow
10th - Tenth - Tin/Aluminium
11th - Eleventh - Steel
12th - Twelfth - Silk/Linen
13th - Thirteenth - Lace
14th - Fourteenth - Ivory
15th - Fifteenth - Crystal
20th - Twentieth - China
25th - Twenty-Fifth - Silver
30th - Thirtieth - Pearl
35th - Thirty-Fifth - Coral
40th - Fortieth - Ruby
45th - Forty-Fifth - Sapphire
50th - Fiftieth - Gold
55th - Fifty-fifth - Emerald
60th - Sixtieth - Diamond

This has the 15th anniversary being crystal. So how about some engraved wine glasses or some other crystalware?

Bruce Volden
04-08-2006, 2:44 PM
This has the 15th anniversary being crystal. So how about some engraved wine glasses or some other crystalware?

If the "crystal" has a lead content, it will not engrave with a laser (CO2).
Cheap "crystal" will work tho!!!! Bruce

Jeff Lehman
04-10-2006, 6:44 AM
I sincerely appreciate all the great ideas!

Barbara Sample
04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi Jeff,
How did you make out with the acrylic heart? Just wondering how you liked them and if you did one for your friend.
I hope you like them as much as I do.
Barbara

Carla Lange
04-26-2006, 8:22 PM
Barbara, did you send a picture of the heart you made? I can't find it.:rolleyes:

Carla

Barbara Sample
04-27-2006, 11:37 AM
No Carla, I didn't send a picture of it. I do not have another one engraved, but they show what they look like in the American Acrylic Catalog. They come out very nice, and I have sold several of them.
They are redish marble acrylic, with a 3D look to them. I engrave on the back of the piece and it goes through the red stuff, and looks very nice through one inch acrylic in the front.

Barb

their website is : www.armericanacrylicaward.com/