PDA

View Full Version : Introduction / identity crisis

Kent Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Hello, all. I joined SMC at the beginning of the year and have been enjoying the discussion and posting occasionally, but I never submitted an official, "hi, my name is Kent, with a 't' at the end." There, consider it said.

About that 't' at the end- I've noticed that a few people replying to my posts are addressing me as "Ken." Now, I'm accustomed to answering to everything from "Ken" to "Keith" to "Kurt" (who's actually my uncle) to "Hey You," and it doesn't bother me at all. However, I'm wondering if people are sometimes confusing me with SMC regular Ken Fitzgerald. On any other forum, I would have chosen a distinctive user name to avoid confusion, but since SMC is on a real-name basis, I'm sticking with what my parents called me.

It seems like it might be good to state for the record that, as they say in the movies, any similarity is purely coincidental. He's Ken, I'm Kent, and I harbor no intent to besmirch Ken's fine reputation or taint him by association. You can probably safely assume that the erudite, insightful comments are his, and the dumb questions, wisecracks, and cheap shots are mine. :D Or just look for that 't' at the end to be sure.

Cheers, and glad to meet all of you,
Kent

Don Baer
04-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Well Ken with a "T" welcome to the creek..:D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Just keep your nose clean Bro!:D I'll do the same!

I noticed the similar names and wondered if that was happening......

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 1:10 PM
Hey Kent, welcome and thanks for the clarification. :) However, you are, ever so slightly, treading on my grounds!!! :mad: You see, 'round these parts, the "...dumb questions, wisecracks, and cheap shots..." (heavy on the "dumb questions") are actually mine!!! :D Good to have you on the Creek, Kent!:D :) :cool:

Rob Bodenschatz
04-06-2006, 1:11 PM
Welcome. I'm relatively new too. Great place.

Adding an avatar (the picture next to your name) may help a bit with the confusion.

Vaughn McMillan
04-06-2006, 1:22 PM
Welcome, Kent. Maybe you could change your official SMC user name to Kentwitha T. Fitzgerald. Or the other guy could change his to name to Bonkers K. Fitzgerald, since lately, that's a more apt description of him anyway.

To help you out, I've attached a handy avatar for you to use so we can tell you two apart:

That should end all the confusion. :D

- Vaughn

Rob Bodenschatz
04-06-2006, 1:25 PM
How about:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 1:31 PM
I'm just shaking my head.....endlessly....just looking down.....and shaking my head......I'll never have problems with a stiff neck......just shaking my head!

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 1:35 PM
Hey Rob, fixed it fer 'ya. :D

Rob Bodenschatz
04-06-2006, 1:38 PM
Actually, that would be neKT.

I mean, TneK.

Mark Rios
04-06-2006, 1:41 PM
Okay...here it is......

I think the name Kent fits him to a "T"!

(If you need to throw something at me, please throw money.)

:D :D :D :D :D

BTW, Welcome Kent.

Steve Ash
04-06-2006, 3:02 PM
Ken's fine reputation

:D :D :D Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.....

Kidding aside, nice to officially say Hello, Kent.

Frank Pellow
04-06-2006, 3:12 PM
Since is is too late to welcome you Kent, I will just say that it's good to have you here at Saw Mill Creek. And I will be careful in the future when responding to Ken/Kent Fitzgerald.

About the name similarity, you picked a good guy to match with a similar name. Just imagine how much worse things would have been if your name was Jon Miliunas. :D

Andy Hoyt
04-06-2006, 3:13 PM
Oh Jeez! We bombed the wrong guy!

tod evans
04-06-2006, 3:37 PM
kent, please accept my appoligy! i`m the one who didn`t look closely at your name and addressed you as ken. welcome to smc! tod

Jay Knoll
04-06-2006, 3:40 PM
Kent

Welcome to the Creek!

Jay

Rob Bodenschatz
04-06-2006, 4:13 PM
kent, please accept my appoligy! i`m the one who didn`t look closely at your name and addressed you as ken. welcome to smc! tod
Shame on you. Just because you choose to not use the last letter of your first name doesn't mean everyone does. :p

Vaughn McMillan
04-06-2006, 4:46 PM
Yeah, for some odd reason, when there's trouble at SMC, Tod's usually around somewhere nearby. :rolleyes: :D :p

- Vaughn

tod evans
04-06-2006, 4:49 PM
Yeah, for some odd reason, when there's trouble at SMC, Tod's usually around somewhere nearby. :rolleyes: :D :p

- Vaughn

got me pegged....

Tyler Howell
04-06-2006, 5:37 PM
ROTFLMAO:D :D :D
Welcome Kent

Andy Hoyt
04-06-2006, 5:41 PM
This must be a good thread. Ya got Tyler laughing so hard he forgot to do his job!

Tyler - tsk tsk

Kent Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 5:54 PM
Here you go, Tyler. These are about a year old, but I hope they keep me one step ahead of The Law: Jewelry Chest (http://www.users.fast.net/~kkfitzge/Jchest.html)

Keith Outten
04-06-2006, 6:08 PM
Welcome Kent,

I feel your pain. Over the years I have been called Ken, Kent, Keef, Karl...on and on. My last name ends up as Dutton, Oughten, Button...etc. Most of the time I take it in stride but when it becomes abuse I look for a way to make a lasting impression which generally solves the problem :)

Get yourself a slick avatar, it will definately be helpfull.

Steve Clardy
04-06-2006, 6:10 PM
Welcome Kent!!!!
I guess KEN, now has a forum brother!!

Steve Ash
04-06-2006, 6:10 PM
My last name ends up as Dutton, Oughten, Button...etc.

heh heh...bet you guys can guess where my last name has ended up :eek:

Mark Rios
04-06-2006, 6:16 PM
heh heh...bet you guys can guess where my last name has ended up :eek:

Sure I can......in the BBQ.

:D :D :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 6:28 PM
Still just shaking my head!:rolleyes:

john whittaker
04-06-2006, 7:57 PM
Kent....Welcome to SMC and your jewelry box is awesome. Very nice details and a great combination of wood.

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 8:19 PM
Kent, that's one beautiful, beautiful box!!! :) If I wore a hat, I'd tip it to you! Well done, indeed. :)

As for names, you wanna talk about getting a last name hacked up!!! :eek: But, it's mine and I'm dang proud of it, so I guess I'll hang on to it. :) :cool:

Reg Mitchell
04-06-2006, 9:14 PM
welcome KenT...as you can see nothing real serious around here but the woodworking. Nice bunch with lots of gray matter.....

Dan Forman
04-07-2006, 4:16 AM
Kent---That is a lovely jewelry chest you built. As for the identity confusion, I suspect that once you have your own avatar (one other than the helpful bretheren contributed earlier), things will clear up a fair degree. Mind if we just call you Ken until that time, because as it is, I just can't keep you guys straight. :confused: :D

Dan

Larry Klaaren
04-07-2006, 7:46 AM
Hi Kent,

Welcome.

I have a brother-in-law and an uncle named Larry. That gets confusing also.

People find it hard to spell my last name if they don't happen to know, it's usually Klarren or Clarion, sometimes McClaren or Klaasen. I've gone to conventions and they can't find my reservation, even though I have a confirmation number.

Most of us will figure it out. Eventually.

Larry

larry merlau
04-07-2006, 8:06 AM
does it matter? who ever got the name first, be it kent or ken they should both be proud of there heritage and the fact that they both have similar interests. some of us dont have to worry about having stunt doubles as they just dont make them that way much. as for tod being the one in a trouble match, vaughn. i think you meant a trouble shoot :D he usually has a lot of good advice for us to listen too:D paid for by; the support our local redneck foundation. but as for the avatar goes i like the one with ken's pic plus the T after, and we will definatly know who it is that we are chattin with.. welcome and disreguard anything i have said:D

Kent Parker
04-07-2006, 8:55 AM
Sorry to pop your bubble but that name has already been taken;)

Nice box!!

Cheers,

Kent