PDA

View Full Version : Some practice pics

Mike Burkeen
04-06-2006, 11:29 AM
As a beginner I try to get out and practice on the little lathe at least every other day and here's a few of the ones that were worth taking a picture of. Sorry about the photography.

The first is a Cherry and Walnut segmented bowl approx 6 inch by 3 inch
The second is Mohogany platter
The third are some bracelets for the LOML and kids walnut, kingwood, cherry
The fourth is a Mahogany and Poplar sgemented pot
The fifth is a walnut and oak segmented vase complete with fake roses.

As you can see most of the things I have been making so far ore for the LOML ... That way I can justify buying more STUFF. :D

Keith Burns
04-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Gosh Mike, youv'e been busy. They all look great:) :) . I look forward to seeing them in person.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Mike...........I, too, am a beginner and am inspired by your first turnings! Great stuff!...........Making stuff for LOYL helps reduce the amount of groveling one has to do for the never ending demand for accessories one needs for a lathe!:rolleyes:

Bernie Weishapl
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Mike you have been busy. All of them look awesome. Great work.

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 1:55 PM
Mike, while I like all of the pieces, that first bowl is really, really cool! :) And the bracelets are a super idea, as well. I think I may have to try a few of those. Thanks for the idea! :) :cool:

Don Baer
04-06-2006, 2:45 PM
Mike if those are just practice, I can hardly wait till I see the ones that arn't practice..

Andy Hoyt
04-06-2006, 2:47 PM
All right Mike! They all look super, but what I'm especially in favor of is that they're all different forms. Means you're experimenting far and wide; and that's a good thing.

Curt Fuller
04-06-2006, 4:51 PM
Nice work Mike!

Corey Hallagan
04-06-2006, 8:00 PM
Great stuff Mike, I especially like that vase! Nice job!

Corey

Bob Noles
04-06-2006, 8:20 PM
Mike,

If that's practice, I'm selling my lathe and going back to flat work :eek: :p

Nice job and a great variety of projects. You did good!

Ernie Nyvall
04-06-2006, 9:44 PM
Really, really nice practice. They look great Mike.

Ernie