PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes we don't say thank you

doug webb
04-06-2006, 9:15 AM
I was sitting here looking through the posts and admiring all the wonderful work, when I had a thought. Dangerous, I know. Anyway, it occured to me how much I enjoyed this.

So to everyone here: THANK YOU. Ya'll are adding so much to each day. Don't change.

George Conklin
04-06-2006, 9:27 AM
Couldn't have said it any better myself:) .

A real big thank you from me too.

Mark Cothren
04-06-2006, 9:38 AM
Ditto from me. Thanks to everybody!

tod evans
04-06-2006, 9:40 AM
me too, thanks ya`ll!

Andy Hoyt
04-06-2006, 9:53 AM
Just wait til you get our bill!:D

Entertaining - yup. Educational - yup. Informative - yup. Addictive - yup. Interactive - yup. Better than sex - :eek:?

EDIT: Nope! Had to think about the answer for a bit:D

tod evans
04-06-2006, 9:54 AM
Better than sex - :eek:

geeze andy you`re older than i thought.

Jim Davenport
04-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I was sitting here looking through the posts and admiring all the wonderful work, when I had a thought. Dangerous, I know. Anyway, it occured to me how much I enjoyed this.

So to everyone here: THANK YOU. Ya'll are adding so much to each day. Don't change.
That sentiment is the reason I love "The Creek" so much.
In the short time I've been here, I've been instructed, inspired, and mostly "Awstruck" by the fine work done by the "Inmates" here.:)
Let me add my heartfelt thanks too.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Yup! Me too! Thanks!..............and each time I pickup a tool and address the Bomb...........I can't help but think about the generosity of some of the members here...........I have a new found passion ........and a new reason for spending money or pulling of the road suddenly to sweep down and rescue wood from a on-site shreader/grinder!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Paul Douglass
04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
It is a great place. Fact maybe too great. I spend more time here than I do on my wood projects! I do the flat stuff... mostly but the forums just aren't as great as this one.

Keith Burns
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Well said Doug, couldn't agree more:) :)

Pete Jordan
04-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I would like to add my thanks also. I am a new turner and the advice could not have been better. I have tried to post some pictures but am being told there is a problem with the database. When that clears up I will show you what you have inspired me to do.

thanks!
Pete

Ed Scolforo
04-06-2006, 11:23 AM
I know that nothing or no one is perfect, but this forum is as close to a utopia as I've ever seen. Thank you one and all.
Ed

Don Baer
04-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Let me add my thanks to one and all. This is the first place I go to while having my morning coffee.

Ron Jones near Indy
04-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Very well said, Doug. Thanks everyone!:)

Bernie Weishapl
04-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Ditto here. It has been the most enjoyable time I have had in a long time. Thanks to each and everyone of you. I appreciate it.

John Hart
04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
We like you too Doug...ya big lug.;)

Yep...My wife told me the other day that she has never seen me happier than I've been in the last year. Then I yelled at her.:D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know about all of this, before I came poking around here, I had no need or a lathe, no need for stand for the lathe, no need for a chuck for the lathe, no need for a bowl gouge, no need for a DVD......... ;)

Oh well.... Thanks guys!
(that is the non-gender specific "guys")

Dennis Peacock
04-06-2006, 1:12 PM
Well said Doug..!!! Thanks Everybody!!!!!:D

Frank Chaffee
04-06-2006, 1:39 PM
Yes Doug,
As one for whom the Creek has made a big contribution to his (should that be non-gender specific or not??? (and no wise arse remarks, please)), I also thank my fellow Creekers for sharing here.
Frank

Jim Dunn
04-06-2006, 4:54 PM
Just wait til you get our bill!:D

Entertaining - yup. Educational - yup. Informative - yup. Addictive - yup. Interactive - yup. Better than sex - :eek:?

EDIT: Nope! Had to think about the answer for a bit:D

Just wait a few more years Andy. You'll be up all nite turning:D

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-06-2006, 5:30 PM
Thanks to you folks, I have been able to weather some otherwise "Downer" times. I owe you ALL a BIG

THANKS!

Bruce;)

Ernie Nyvall
04-06-2006, 9:16 PM
Well, I do appreciate all this gratitude. Really... it's been my pleasure. Someone's got to show you what not to do.

Good thread Doug. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Ernie

Barry Stratton
04-06-2006, 9:24 PM
Great thread Doug!

I appreciate all the help and assistance also, so THANKS to all from this rookie as well..........