PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of 20 Inch BandSaw does David Marks Have

Ben Roman
04-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Question for you tool heads. What kind of Bandsaw does David Marks have? The big Blue one he uses to resaw boards I cannot Identify it and clues ? It looks very stout and seems to resaw well.

Ben

Dev Emch
04-05-2006, 1:29 PM
Question for you tool heads. What kind of Bandsaw does David Marks have? The big Blue one he uses to resaw boards I cannot Identify it and clues ? It looks very stout and seems to resaw well.

Ben

I recall it being identified as an American. This is old USA IRON that he restored. If your looking for an equal or better saw, try out a Yates Y-20 or Y-30 (newer model or snowflake), a tannewitz or one of the olivers. The oliver 217 is a 30 inch saw now much larger than David's American but its a resaw monster for its size! The yates snowflakes need no introduction. Trees quiver in the shadow of one!

Mark Rios
04-05-2006, 5:21 PM
I recall it being identified as an American. This is old USA IRON that he restored. If your looking for an equal or better saw, try out a Yates Y-20 or Y-30 (newer model or snowflake), a tannewitz or one of the olivers. The oliver 217 is a 30 inch saw now much larger than David's American but its a resaw monster for its size! The yates snowflakes need no introduction. Trees quiver in the shadow of one!

Trees shiver?........heck, someone showed us a pic of as snowflake here awhile ago and I was shivering. Thats a big a** saw!:D

Rye Crane
04-05-2006, 7:38 PM
Hi Ben,

I just took a class with David last month. The big blue saw is a Delta-Rockwell 20" he rebuilt, he also has his original 14" Delta that he's had for over 26 years and he just acquired a MiniMax 36" bandsaw, the "Centauro" version of a really big saw. I would hate to see his electric bill. He seems like a very nice man, really talented and just one of the guys.

Rye Crane

Ben Roman
04-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the Information. I want to take a class with him. He seems down to earth kinda guy.

Ben

Dev Emch
04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi Ben,

I just took a class with David last month. The big blue saw is a Delta-Rockwell 20" he rebuilt, he also has his original 14" Delta that he's had for over 26 years and he just acquired a MiniMax 36" bandsaw, the "Centauro" version of a really big saw. I would hate to see his electric bill. He seems like a very nice man, really talented and just one of the guys.

Rye Crane

You may be right on this one. The jointer is an American Patternmaker. But I do have to scratch my head a bit as the upper guard assembly doesnt really look like a Deta/Rockwell. Been a while since I spied this puppy so I may be very wrong on it. Personally, I am a yates/oliver/tanny guy.

Dev Emch
04-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Trees shiver?........heck, someone showed us a pic of as snowflake here awhile ago and I was shivering. Thats a big a** saw!:D

Nahhhhhhhh, that was a toy you saw. Your talking about Reg's Y-36 Snowflake. Close to 4000 pounds worth.....

I have seen a Yates Y-42 Snowflake. Now that is a big saw. Story has it the bracket on the back is for the anchor chain on the USS Nimitz!:D

Reg Mitchell
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi ya Mark is this what your talking about
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/male_man/myrtelwoodtbltop182.jpg