PDA

View Full Version : A new friend

Reg Mitchell
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I picked this up from a friend for the shop to do face frames. It's a real gem and just the thing I wanted to make tenons for face frames Altho it looks small this little tool weighs 540 lbs and can still be moved around thanks to Keith who made the stand. It is a welcome addetion to what I hope to be a home away from home.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/male_man/DSCF0038.jpg

tod evans
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
nice score reg! if you run across another single end unit let me know! tod

Dev Emch
04-05-2006, 1:26 PM
Nice unit for doing desk top woodworking!;) Seriously, this unit may look small but its a killer when it comes to doing smaller tenon as well as cope and stick work. Its a miracle how they stuffed a coping head, two tenon heads and a cutoff saw into that small package!

But the real gem is comming.....:p Dr. Preston, eat your heart out!

Reg Mitchell
04-05-2006, 1:47 PM
lolol Dev....I am sure there will be pics when its up and running......I can't wait to get it. hows your kitchen comming along.
Oh this is a nice tenoner....all bearing replaced and I did get the knives too. sending the heads off soon to get them sharpened.....thers a place near me that will do them too. Will let you know how that turnes out

Garry Smith
04-05-2006, 4:59 PM
Wow, looks like a great production piece.

Reg Mitchell
04-05-2006, 5:54 PM
I hope so
Gary this little thing is built like a tank. Face frames was and is my intention. I am told it will do much more I will have the knives sharpened soon and will be able to know more about it....

Jerry Olexa
04-05-2006, 6:52 PM
Wow I am envious... Great tool

lou sansone
04-05-2006, 9:23 PM
its known as a harris bench tennoner ... what a nice little machine. I would love to see what that little guy could do. it looks like it would be very nice for sash .. best wishes
lou

Reg Mitchell
04-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I guess the reasoning for the BT at the end. I would think it would do very nicely on face frames besides it has a copeing head plus a cutoff saw. So I am pretty certian it will do face frame tenons. I'll know in a few days.:)

Dev Emch
04-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I guess the reasoning for the BT at the end. I would think it would do very nicely on face frames besides it has a copeing head plus a cutoff saw. So I am pretty certian it will do face frame tenons. I'll know in a few days.:)

Kitchen? Is that what all these boxes are for? I have enough baltic birch in the shop right now to ignite a bonfire you can see from the international space station!

Yes! This is a sash and face frame miester. Works great on furniture also. And even though its a bit clutsy, you can also use it as a cut off saw for narrow items like trim and moulding. I say clutsy because the cut off saw is rear mounted.

Now some folks think the tenon jig on the table saw is the cat's meow. Well, by the time you get one item loaded up and cut, unloaded and flipped over and recut to complete both sides of a tennon, this bad dog will have done four or five rail and stile frames. And I am including the coping detail you need the router table for later on!

Reg Mitchell
04-06-2006, 3:13 AM
I'll be takeing the heads in a few hours to see about getting them sharpened...know where there is a good profile grinder for a good price Dev...:D