PDA

View Full Version : 1st, 2nd, and 5th pens

Stephen Hibbs
04-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Well, 3 and 4 are not included b/c they were made short order as presents and I had them wrapped before I remembered to take a picture. #3 was my favorite too. These are the cheapest slimline kits, with the PSI variety kit blanks. What do you guys think of the last one? I'm not sure the top and bottom match well.

Bernie Weishapl
04-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Those are some good looking pens Stephen. I think on the second picture I would have slimmed the top down just a little but that is just me. Looking good.

Stephen Hibbs
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I agree, I actually just stuck the top on this bottom without that being the original intention. I had some tops and bottoms (mostly bottoms) floating around in my pen tin and I matched these up. I might put a walnut top on the second pen once I make one and toss the one I have now back into the tin.

Andy Hoyt
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Stephen - I think they look really good - I think.

Hard to tell due to picture quality. I'll bet you moved in really close with camera to fill the viewfinder and snapped the shot. Suggest you move the camera farther away and snap. Then zoom in on pen with software. :)

Corey Hallagan
04-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Very nice Stephen. I like them. Neat mix of woods. I think Andy is right on with the photo ops. Nice job! Keepem coming!

Corey

Barry Stratton
04-05-2006, 1:21 AM
Wow. You jumped right in creating your own shapes. Lookin' good!

John Hart
04-05-2006, 6:54 AM
Hey Stephen...lookin' good. I used to cut designs in the pen like you've done here, but ended up with gentle suggestions from people. That they are nice to look at but not nice to write with. So, that's when I started going for the straight or mild curve approach. For what it's worth.