PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have these Penn State clamps?

Kent Cori
08-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with the Penn State Clamp-n-Spread clamps? These are their version of the pistol grip, quick adjust/release, clamp and spreader combination made by several other companies.

PSI is having a great sale on them and I'd like to buy some if they work well. However, they look a little light weight in the teensy weensy photo on their web site.

They can be found at: PSI Clamp-n- Spread clamps (http://www.pennstateind.com/go.mv?ID=E10129)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Randy Gleckler
08-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Kent,

I bought a few of these last time Penn State was having a sale on them. They seem to be about the same quality as you expect from say Harbor Freight. About half of them work fine and have no problems with.. The other half when You try and really tighten down on a piece the bar flexes and then allows the clamp to return to the last spot. Basically not tightening up any more than it wants to. Sometimes that is allright, sometimes it's a pain. Just my 2 cents worth

Randy G

Tom Gattiker
08-18-2003, 1:33 PM
... I have some other models from pennstate. They are about equiv to other china-made clamps. For a realatively complex clamp like the quick grip/spreader, I'd be inclined to buy elsewhere.