PDA

View Full Version : Time is drawing near......

Terry Hatfield
08-18-2003, 9:36 AM
for the big Central States bbq!!!!! Sept. 5,6 and 7.

Here are some motel suggestions. These are about the closest.

Heritage Inn
Rooms start at $49/nite

Sunrise Inn
Rooms start at $39/nite

Executive Inn
Rooms start at $39/nite

Heritage Inn is right next to Susan's Resturant, the traditional meeting place for Saturday morning Breakfast. All of the major chains have hotels/motels here if you wish to use one of them. There is a Razorback home game on the 6th, so I would strongly suggest that you get some reservations made as soon as you can because these room will fill up fairly quickly. I'm sure there will be rooms available, but reserve now to be extra safe.

The list is still growing. This year is going to be bigger than last for sure. Many demo's and such are planned along with way too much food and fun. :D

If you are planning to attend and have not emailed me, please do so. I will be sending maps and directions in a few days via email.

Post here or email me if you need more information.

Thanks and see you in Sept.!!!!

Terry and the other Arkies

Bob Lasley
08-18-2003, 9:58 AM
Terry wasn't kidding about rooms going quick. I just called Heritage Inn and the girl didn't think they had any rooms for the 5th, but did find one. I suggest you book 'em quickly.

Bob

Bobby Hatfield
08-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Terry wasn't kidding about rooms going quick. I just called Heritage Inn and the girl didn't think they had any rooms for the 5th, but did find one. I suggest you book 'em quickly.

Bob

Bob I just called for reservations and the girl didn't even hint at being booked up. You think maybe they are overbooking like the airlines, and the first there get the room. I got a conformation number, maybe its worth a couch in the lobby.

Dan Barber
08-18-2003, 7:33 PM
It looks like if things continue on plan, we will be moving a few days after your BBQ. I think I'll need that time to pack for the move.

The really good news is that if all goes as planned, we'll have enough room for our own BBQ next year.

See the image below

http://kodak.realtracs.com/MediaDisplay/hr616390-7.jpg

In addition to the shop, there is 3 acres, a four car garage attached to the house and an in-ground pool to boot.

Can't wait to have the space to put together my Dust Eliminator :D

Dan and Joy

Bob Lasley
08-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Bob I just called for reservations and the girl didn't even hint at being booked up. You think maybe they are overbooking like the airlines, and the first there get the room. I got a conformation number, maybe its worth a couch in the lobby.

Bobby,

I got one of those confirmation numbers too, you may have to share that couch!

Bob

Bob Lasley
08-18-2003, 10:21 PM
It looks like if things continue on plan, we will be moving a few days after your BBQ. I think I'll need that time to pack for the move.

The really good news is that if all goes as planned, we'll have enough room for our own BBQ next year.

See the image below

http://kodak.realtracs.com/MediaDisplay/hr616390-7.jpg

In addition to the shop, there is 3 acres, a four car garage attached to the house and an in-ground pool to boot.

Can't wait to have the space to put together my Dust Eliminator :D

Dan and Joy

Dan,

I think if I could move to that place, I might pass up going to Terry's place too! I do believe I'm a bit jealous. Shoot, with a building like that and a four car garage, you and Joy can each have your own shop! We will miss your presence at Terry's though.

Bob

Terry Hatfield
08-19-2003, 8:31 AM
Dan,

Wish you guy's could make it but first things first. Have fun moving.

BTW....is it Fall there already???? :D

Terry

David Rose
08-19-2003, 6:54 PM
Terry, has anyone said that they will bring parts to cut mortises and tenons? There are a LOT of guides and I want to be sure that the desired mortises and tenons are done with tested guides. So far, they are all good. I just don't like to take chances. If anyone wants to do this "cold turkey", please bring a couple of scrap pieces for a mortise and a tenon. Each guide is to be fine tuned and many of them I haven't done yet. Or anyone can just email me with length/width(s) of tenons and mortises desired and I'll test and adjust before coming.

Otherwise, I'll just mill a few scraps to bring.

David

Terry Hatfield
08-19-2003, 7:19 PM
David,

Have not heard from anyone brave enough to bring a "real" project for us Arkies to cut up...er...test..er....demonstrate on. :D

I got lots of scraps if you need more.

Terry

David Rose
08-19-2003, 7:38 PM
Brave? You think they need to be brave to slave hours over some pieces then turn them over to someone they likely never met to be chopped and slotted and otherwise mangled up? Jeese! That was kind of my impression also. :rolleyes:

I'll try to mill up a few pieces in time and may take you up on use of your scraps. Actually, I don't keep scraps. When the boxes get full enough that it takes me an hour to find something in the bottom, I burn one or two of the smallest pieces with defects. ;) Packrats probably shouldn't do this sort of work/play. I've thought a wood stove would be nice, but deliberating over what to sacrifice would take most of my shop time. Half my time is already dedicated to keeping scrap to a minimum.

If anyone gets brave enough, let me know ASAP.

David

David Rose
08-19-2003, 7:48 PM
Fall is NOT 100+ degrees with 99%+ humidity in my not so humble opinion. Fall is when the temps get nice and the deer hunters start going into rut.

David

Jack Diemer
08-19-2003, 10:04 PM
I booked a hotel room using Priceline.com. Ended up bidding $37 at a 2 star hotel in Bentonville. (15 miles away) Anyway, ended up getting to stay at the Quality Inn. It has an indoor pool and appears to be nice.

Terry Hatfield
08-20-2003, 1:54 AM
Fall is NOT 100+ degrees with 99%+ humidity in my not so humble opinion. Fall is when the temps get nice and the deer hunters start going into rut.

David

David,

I was attempting to make a humorus comment about the pic in Dan's post. :D Apparently not a very good attempt. :eek:

P.S.....I'l be down your way next week and I'm stopping in for a visit. This is your only warning. :D

t

David Rose
08-20-2003, 2:06 AM
Humorus is when we get to dirty up your shop REALLY well! Someone should bring a camera since you don't take "dirty" pictures. :D Or will you follow us around like the waiter at a fancy restaraunt with a dust pan and broom. You better have a BIG broom! That is YOUR only warning! :cool:

Hey! If you can come after 2. I don't often get out there until then with the hives still working and killing my night time sleeping.

David

David,

I was attempting to make a humorus comment about the pic in Dan's post. :D Apparently not a very good attempt. :eek:

P.S.....I'l be down your way next week and I'm stopping in for a visit. This is your only warning. :D

t

Steve Clardy
08-20-2003, 7:24 PM
Found a room in Rogers, super 8 motel.
Will be at least 2:00 saturday before we get there Terry. Wife has to work sat morning at the post office.
We should bring?
Steve

Terry Hatfield
08-21-2003, 8:38 AM
Steve,

Just bring your lawn chairs and anything you would like for show and tell. We got the rest covered. Looking forward to seeing you.

Terry