PDA

View Full Version : Lingerie cab. w/ inset Jewerly box pics

Martin Lutz
04-04-2006, 2:13 PM
Here is my latest project. An inset jewelry box for a lingerie cabinet (I built it a few months ago). The box can sit independently on top of another case if desired. Thanks for looking.

Grant Davis
04-04-2006, 2:16 PM
Very nice combination. My wife just asked me to build her a lingerie cabinet so I am going to show this to her.

tod evans
04-04-2006, 2:21 PM
very classy martin! nice work, .02 tod

Shelley Bolster
04-04-2006, 2:25 PM
Wow....what a beautiful piece Martin. Combining a lingerie cabinet and a jewelry box is a terrific idea - they just go together wonderfully!

Vaughn McMillan
04-04-2006, 2:46 PM
Neat idea, and very pretty work, Martin. I really like the figure on the inside of the doors. Any more details? Wood species, finish?

- Vaughn

John Timberlake
Love both of them. Really nice design. What woods did you use? Looks like cherry and quilted maple.

Martin Shupe
Martin, that looks fantastic!! I must have missed the earlier post of the cabinet by itself, or at least I don't remember it.

Congratulations on a fine piece, and I'll bet your wife is very pleased.

Martin Lutz
04-04-2006, 3:04 PM
Here is the shortcut to the original posting of the set. It is curly maple and cherry and includes a large chest, lingerie cabinet, and two bedside chests. I have never seen a lingerie chest in combo with a jewelry box so I thought it would be fun to do. THe finish is standard BLO and NCL. I am working on a curly Cherry wall mirror to match.

Here is the link, it is part 2 of 2 but I couldnt get both to load. I'll post with the other link shortly.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=29192

Have a great day!

Martin Lutz
04-04-2006, 3:05 PM
Here is the other link.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=29191

Jason Tuinstra
04-04-2006, 3:34 PM
Martin, it looks very, very nice. The figured panels really sets it off. Excellent job.

Mark Rios
04-04-2006, 5:48 PM
Heeey, I thought we were goin' to see pics of lingerie.:confused: :D :D :D

Really nice job there Martin. Really nice.

Chris Barton
04-04-2006, 6:02 PM
Martin,

That's is outstanding craftsmanship! Did you make these from professional plans or self-developed plans? Either way, simply beautiful!

Martin Lutz
04-04-2006, 6:09 PM
Thanks Chris, These were definetely "self developed". I didnt have plans and still dont. I just had someone request the same cabinet and I am going to have to go back and measure it out.:o

Chris Barton
04-04-2006, 7:20 PM
Martin,

Could you show us more of the inset drawer details? How did you make them?

Mark Valsi
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Very Very nice indeed !!

can someone post bigger pics of it ???

Corey Hallagan
04-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Very nice! I love it, some fine work!

Corey

Pete Harbin
04-05-2006, 7:24 AM
Martin,

I just checked out the other links too...all very exceptional pieces! The quilting in the cherry is so smooth. Very beautiful wood and workmanship.

Pete

Martin Lutz
04-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Chris -- the entire jewery box is removable from the lingerie chest. It provides a great little hidden compartment behind it. I put a hidden locking device to hold it in place. I will try to take some more pics tonight and post tomorrow.

Mark -- I would love to post bigger pics but havent figured out how yet. I size the pictures according to the restrictions on SMC and this is how they come out. Do you know if I can change something to make them bigger?

Tom Andersen
04-05-2006, 1:13 PM
I am surprised that so far nobody has focused on the lingerie. We expect it to match the quality of the cabinet ;) ;) ;)

Ralph Okonieski
04-05-2006, 8:22 PM
Excellent craftsmanship! Nice!!!!!!!!

Vaughn McMillan
04-05-2006, 8:39 PM
Mark -- I would love to post bigger pics but havent figured out how yet. I size the pictures according to the restrictions on SMC and this is how they come out. Do you know if I can change something to make them bigger? Martin, the file "size" is actually two different measurements. One is the physical size, such as 3" x 5", or 600 pixels (dots) x 450 pixels. The other size measurement is the amount of disk space (usually in kilobytes) the picture takes when saved. By lowering the resolution of a picture, you can keep the same physical size while reducing the file size in kilobytes. (Often, you can lower the resolution of a pic with no notable loss of picture quality, so the reduction in file size can be invisible to the viewer.)

The main SMC picture "size" restriction has to do with the number of kilobytes, so if you can find a way to reduce the resolution without reducing the physical size, the end result is that your pics will display bigger here, without exceeding the SMC size limits. (How you reduce the resolution will depend on the software you are using. Some programs let you choose from Draft, Normal, Better, and Best quality -- or some variation thereof -- and each of these is a different resolution setting.) There's a sticky thread near the top of the Support Forum that's a picture resizing and posting tutorial. That tutorial might give you some ideas about increasing the physical size of your pics without going over the kilobyte limit.

HTH -

- Vaughn