PDA

View Full Version : DNA Prices Going Up?

Dick Strauss
04-04-2006, 10:41 AM
All,
I started thinking last night about DNA. I'm almost out of DNA and need to buy some more. I follow financial news quite regularly and heard new EPA regulations for gasoline will kick in in May that replaces MTBE with Ethanol (the main ingredient in DNA) in many parts of the country. According to people in the know, they expect there to be tight supplies of ethanol this summer.

What does all of this mean to us as turners? Higher prices for DNA are probably around the corner. I suggest you stock up now or you might be sorry paying higher prices later.

I plan to buy at least one 5 gal container since I need it anyway. You can decide whether you want to take a wait and see approach. I'm posting to save some heartache ($$$) later since it costs enough already.

Dick

Rich Stewart
04-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info. Think I'll go get some as well.

Pete Jordan
04-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Where do you buy 5 gallon containers? I bought by the gallon at Ace last night for 11.59.

Pete

Dick Strauss
04-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Pete,
You have to call around...I found a local paint supply place that will order it for me at about $35/5 gal. Check your local Ace store for better prices. When I called around, I got quoted $8-15 for a single gallon. The big box stores here are in the $13-15 range. The $8/gal hardware store was too far away to make it worth my time/gas.

Bernie Weishapl
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Pete I get it by the 5 gal. container from the local lumberyard/do it center. It is about the same as Dick gets it at $35 per 5 gal. Guess I had better get a couple while I can. Thanks Dick for the heads up.