PDA

View Full Version : Whats a reasonable length of time for warr. parts?

Dan Connolly
04-04-2006, 9:58 AM
I have searched everywhere, dealt with the Delta cust. service folks a number of times, talked to a "tech" twice yesterday to get some type of a handle that will function on a 2 year old (still current model) 17-990X drill press. Mine came with a one pc. cast handle, that broke 2 weeks ago, another option that the parts manual shows is a hub/3 handles/3 balls configuration that I have recieved the only one in the U.S. and the hub center hole is 1/2 inch too large and its made to use a roll pin to hold in place instead of a sq. key like a motor pulley--so bottom line it doesn't work.

Ship date is end of May for the type I need---am I being unreasonable if I ask Delta to start processing a return for this drill press if it needs a part while still under warr. and that same part is used on 4 current models and they can't supply it for 6+ weeks?

I did pay a 300+ dollar premium price for the Made in USA model for that nice little sticker that says that and have since found out that the China model does use the exact same part numbers per the Delta service tech on the phone (I haven't check all part numbers but did check a significant number of them).

Needless to say I am very disappointed in the Delta Support Plan right now

Tom Jones III
04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
My expectation, which may be unreasonable, is that when you pay for a good tool that part of what you are paying for is good service. The maximum acceptable is 1 week to get the part and then 1 week for shipping.

If you bought from Harbor Freight or something similar then I would expect 6 weeks to never.