PDA

View Full Version : MM16 Mobile Base

Bob Winkler
04-04-2006, 8:34 AM
I know from previous threads that some have quit fighting with their MM16 mobility kit and opted for a aftermarket mobile base. Does anyone have recommendations for suitable brand and model that fits the MM16 well?

Thanks,

Bob

tod evans
04-04-2006, 8:48 AM
bob, the mobility kit on my 16 works like a champ....02 tod

Doug Shepard
04-04-2006, 9:20 AM
Do a search for "mobile" in the thread title and look for the thread by Bruce Page. I went with the same one he did and it works great. Just dont have the Delta model nbr handy (it's in his post).

Bruce Page
04-04-2006, 9:23 AM
Bob, you might check out this thread. The base fits the previous generation MM16, I don’t know if the base size has changed on the new model.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10507

rick fulton
04-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Bob - have you seen this mobility mod on from the minimax-usa group?
"Liftkit for Mats' bandsaw"
I've also seen a mod where the minimax mobility kit axle was move about 6 inches behind the bandsaw (via a 4x4 and carriage bolt structure). That allows the doors to open wider, and still allows movement with the 3rd wheel jack.
rick

Bob Winkler
04-05-2006, 7:05 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. While I'm certain that I could cobble up something that would work ok, or even modify the existing mobility kit to work better, I decided to take the easy way out. I ordered the Delta 50-296 mobile base that many have had good experience with. Amazon has it with free shipping, although it is backordered and won't be here for a few weeks.

As I get older, I find myself being very selective on how I balance my free time vs money, and this solution seemed to solve my problem quickly and without too much grief (or dollars).

Thanks again for the input.:)

Bob

Dennis McDonaugh
04-05-2006, 7:27 PM
Bob, I use a shop fox. I had to put a couple strips of wood under it so the door would clear the base.

Doug Shepard
04-05-2006, 7:49 PM
... I decided to take the easy way out. I ordered the Delta 50-296 mobile base that many have had good experience with. Amazon has it with free shipping, although it is backordered and won't be here for a few weeks.
Bob

I think you made a good choice. I just hope your "few weeks" doesn't resemble my few weeks. I ordered from Amazon in November I think and didn't finally receive it until March. I kept getting automated emails to approve the additional delay. I wasn't about to cancel though as they had the best price by far when I ordered it and their price increased another $10 while I was waiting for. It was worth the wait though.