PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Ash HF

Ron Ainge
04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Here is the project that I have worked on over the weekend it is end grain Ash with a Mesquite insert on it. I really like this wood because it finishes so nice. The HF is 5 3/4 inches wide and 4 inches tall the inset is 2 1/4 inches wide. The finish is two coats of sanding sealer and then buffed with the Beal Bowl buffing machine. Please let me know what you think, and please be honest.

Jim Dunn
04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
It's just georgeousssaruss.

Corey Hallagan
04-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Ron, the piece appears to be much bigger than it looks from the sizes you posted. I really think the shape is something a little different that you don't see regularly & the insert and it's shape sets it off in my opinion. I like it and spectacular finish.

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
04-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Ron.......Nice looking HF! I like the contrasting insert........it gives the piece some pizzazzzzzzz!

Bernie Weishapl
04-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Beautiful work Ron. I love the collar on it. Nice fit and finish. Great work.

John Hart
04-04-2006, 6:52 AM
I like it Ron! I like to work with Ash too. It is well-behaved and offers some subtle character. My only observation would be in the flow from the lip through the shoulder...maybe a tad more slope. But still...very nice!:)

John Timberlake
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Love it! You created a nice form and finished it well. The contrast of the insert really adds to the look. And the ash has terrific grain.

Ron Ainge
04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the possitive comments I appreciate them.

John

I agree with you, I started to make a south western design but got carried away somewhere along the line. This is half of a log that I had and I still plan on turning the other piece to make it a bit more like american indian potery. I hope it turns out and finishes like this one.