PDA

View Full Version : Rabbiting on the GO490 jointer

Craig Zettle
04-03-2006, 9:23 PM
Any of you Grizzly GO490 jointer owners tried to rabbit with it yet? I tried for the first time tonight and could not slide the fence close enough. As a matter of fact, I could only get within 4 inches of the blade edge. Am I missing a stop somewhere or something? I looked at the instructions and saw stops on the tables and the fence, but the stops are for setting 45 degree cuts, not for the travel of the fence.

BTW, I PM'd Shiraz about 2 weeks ago to let him know my less than favorable experience with the cabinet and have not heard from him. I have a feeling he no longer participates in the forum.

Dave Bonde
04-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I've never cut a rabit with mine but I am pretty sure I know what is wrong with yours. Now if I can explain it :) the base of your fence is to low. Loosen the two large allen cap screws that hold your fence base to the jointer and align the machined surfaces of the two. I would bet that your fence base is a little low and when you slide the fence in it the fence base is hitting the jointer infeed or outfeed table. Dave