PDA

View Full Version : Bummed out

Ken Styer
04-03-2006, 9:14 PM
The other day I went to an auction where there was a couple of thousand bd ft of white oak rough, 2" X 6" to 10" X 8' to 16' long. This stuff went for from .50 to 1.00 a bd. ft and was really nice. I had just finished 3 days a week for 3 weeks of therapy for a lousy back. If I had touched that oak, I would have been back in therapy. Would someone please tell me that I am not the only one who have experienced this sort of thing.

John Keane
04-03-2006, 9:25 PM
That's a double ouch!!. Consider that nothing is worth a back ache let alone a severe back ache. Hopefully another opportunity will present itself. Good health.

John Timberlake
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Can't say that I have been in that situation. That's why I have a garage full of wood that I couldn't turn down. When I have this much wood, I just stay away from wood like that. But, another chance will come when you are with a friend with a strong back.

Scott Vigder
04-03-2006, 10:47 PM
you are not alone! My sacrum has prevented me from scoring wood on several occasions. :eek:

Corey Pionk
04-03-2006, 11:04 PM
I feel your pain and I will be starting therapy in a couple of days. Worst part is I have a 900 lb oliver jointer coming and dont know how I'm going to get it in the shop.

Charles McKinley
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Corey,

One word: movers. It will be worth every penny. Make sure they have current insurance especially workman's compensation. If you have a ground level shop maybe a couple of friends but if stairs are involved pay someone. Back surgery should be avoided at all cost. I know no-onw that has had it that is right, better thatn they were maybe but none that are right.

If you do not have one I would invest in a shop crane/engine hiost. They can save you a lot of grief.