PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Pens

Corey Hallagan
04-03-2006, 8:50 PM
I turned these for my son. He loved the African Blackwood I had and he wanted a pen and pencil set so here they are. These are my best pens to date. The photos just don't do this wood justice and the finish turned out great. Lacquer with TSW wax. What yah think?

Corey

Barry Stratton
04-03-2006, 9:05 PM
I like them A LOT!! Nice job Corey, anyone would be proud to use those!

Bob Noles
04-03-2006, 9:09 PM
By golly Corey.... I do believe you have MASTERED the pens :D

Great job and I like the looks of that wood.

John Hart
04-03-2006, 9:26 PM
Yep....looks like you're hitting your bushings just right Corey! I love African blackwood to work with. You've a acheived a nice shape too! Cool gift.:)

Paul Douglass
04-03-2006, 9:37 PM
I think "stunning" fits those pens!!

Chris Barton
04-03-2006, 9:44 PM
Those look great Corey! When are we going to see some flatwork boxes;) . I been keeping my eyes open for some of that coming out of your shop.

Corey Hallagan
04-03-2006, 9:53 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. The wood on these pens is just beautiful. The pics make them look more brown but the are really quite dark with some beautiful striping thru them. Wish I could capture that. Lots of eyes and swirls.

Chris, I posted my latest box over in flat land last week I think it was. One I have had started for awhile and finally finished it. I redid it with a burgundy interior though. Didn't like the blue. My next flat land box will be will showcase some of that beautiful splated maple Chris :) in the lid and will be my first large hinged box. Here is the link to the other post:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33749

Thanks again,
Corey

Bernie Weishapl
04-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Corey absolutely beautiful. Great work. You outdid yourself on these and I think like Bob said you got the pens mastered.

Chris Barton
04-04-2006, 7:39 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. The wood on these pens is just beautiful. The pics make them look more brown but the are really quite dark with some beautiful striping thru them. Wish I could capture that. Lots of eyes and swirls.

Chris, I posted my latest box over in flat land last week I think it was. One I have had started for awhile and finally finished it. I redid it with a burgundy interior though. Didn't like the blue. My next flat land box will be will showcase some of that beautiful splated maple Chris :) in the lid and will be my first large hinged box. Here is the link to the other post:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33749

Thanks again,
Corey

OOOOOPPPPSS! I missed it Corey but, that's a great looking box. I really like the contrast of the woods. I need to keep a sharper eye out for these great pieces.

Scott Donley
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Very nice looking set there Corey ! I think that wood shall be part of my next order :) ( a very slippery slope these pens are )

Tim Beauregard
04-04-2006, 3:31 PM
Boy, that grain and color look great. Why don't you send one to me so I can see what you're mean by the pictures not doig them justice.:D

Regards,
Tim B.

Corey Hallagan
04-04-2006, 6:56 PM
Thanks guys! LOL Tim, actually I get those great looking blanks from Woodturningz.com for 2.00 ea. I think. I really like all of the blanks I have received from them.

Corey

Ron Jones near Indy
04-04-2006, 7:10 PM
WOW! Very nice! If you need a field tester keep me in mind.;)