PDA

View Full Version : Gloaty Gloat Gloat

Raymond Overman
04-03-2006, 2:39 PM
I get to spend some time with Al Stirt this evening and all day tomorrow while he does a demo for our club. I've had tomorrow off from work for a month and am really excited to get a chance to see him in action. Hopefully I'll be smart enough to learn something.

Pete Jordan
04-03-2006, 2:43 PM
Wow!
I just looked at his website and he is amazing!

Pete

Raymond Overman
04-03-2006, 2:45 PM
Wow!
I just looked at his website and he is amazing!

Pete

Take a look at the Del Mano site. He has some pieces in the Small Treasures exhibit that are amazing.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-03-2006, 2:48 PM
Quite the Gloat for sure!

His carved stuff is unreal!

remember, two ears, one mouth, use them accordingly :D

Have a great time, take lots of pics!

Cheers!

Pete Jordan
04-03-2006, 2:57 PM
Take a look at the Del Mano site. He has some pieces in the Small Treasures exhibit that are amazing.

You are right! Here is the link for those who would like to see: http://www.delmano.com/exhibitions/2005/turnedWood/artists/Stirt.htm

Andy Hoyt
04-03-2006, 3:49 PM
Yup. Al is the real deal (http://www.alstirt.com/). He's from Vermont, so that explains it.

He came to our club a few years ago and will be back again in June.

No where else in the world is there an endeavor, industry, or whatever that is so open and sharing on the processes, techniques, and such. Ya gotta love spinsters, young and old alike.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2006, 4:02 PM
You're right Andy....He's the real deal! WOW!

David Fried
04-03-2006, 4:36 PM
Man ... you start doing some of that stuff to your boxes Raymond and Wow!!!

Ernie Nyvall
04-03-2006, 5:38 PM
Congrats Raymond... just don't poke him with a stick.:D

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
04-03-2006, 5:55 PM
Congrats Raymond. Boy does he make some nice stuff. Wow.

Raymond Overman
04-03-2006, 9:17 PM
Congrats Raymond... just don't poke him with a stick.:D

Ernie

Dag nab it... if only I had read your post a few hours earlier I wouldn't be in such a fix now.

No, the first evening with Al is over and I must say it was well worth the time. He's so down to earth and easy going that you wonder if he's not just one of your club members. I can't wait to see what he teaches us tomorrow.

John Hart
04-03-2006, 9:23 PM
Pretty Cool Raymond. He looks like a regular Joe in his pics. And his work is more than I can fathom. Great opportunity for you.:)