PDA

View Full Version : Windy day yesterday....

Joe Mioux
04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
While I was emailing some greenhouse pics to the insurance company, I thought I would add a couple here.

This happened yesterday afternoon. You may have heard about the storm damage in here in Il on the national news.

This is what one of my greenhouses now look like.

John Miliunas
04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Ouch!!! :( Sorry to see/hear of the damage! Hope your insurance company squares up with you fast, as I'm presuming you're going to be hitting your growing time here in a real hurry. Best of luck to you, Joe! :) :cool:

Ron Jones near Indy
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Glad you weren't hurt! It's time for the insurance company to earn its premiums.

Dennis Peacock
04-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your damages Joe.....next time put more helium in those half-round balloons of yours. :p :D

Yea...wind gusts were around 35 MPH here yesterday. Hope your damages are easily fixable.

Gary Herrmann
04-03-2006, 7:31 PM
I had to work all weekend. I finally got home on Sunday around 5. Just in time to see a transformer blow just as I was turning a corner about a miles from my house. Tornado sirens started going off, hail, started coming down. My wife, the pets and my upset 5 year old were very glad to see daddy come home. 113,000 lost power.

I went upstairs at one point just in time to see some fascia rip right off the side of my house.

70mph winds. What fun. Mother nature dead wooded my trees.

We went out for dinner just for the electricity once things calmed down a bit.

Joe Mioux
04-03-2006, 8:25 PM
Hey Gary,
What part of STL do you live? My inlaws live in Crestwood and told me that sirens went off.

Did you see Fairview Heights? That looks pretty bad.

Also, thank you all for your concern.

Joe

Bruce Page
04-03-2006, 8:36 PM
Bummer, I hope they take care of you quickly.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2006, 8:55 PM
Joe..........Sorry to see the damage. I hope your insurance company comes through quickly!

That's one thing I don't miss about living in Southern Illinois!

Gary Herrmann
04-04-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm in the Creve Ceour area. Didn't see Fairview Heights. Heard about it tho. Been working too much. At least we didn't get buried in hail. Again.

Jim Dunn
04-04-2006, 8:08 AM
Joe sorry for the damage to your building. My wife would cry, not for the damage, but for the poor plants. She's a plant nut! We had at least 70mph winds here in Pacific. Lost electricity for a split second. The city lost a transformer and power to a sewage ejector pump. So I/my company, worked about 5hrs sunday night hauling waste.

Guy Germaine
04-04-2006, 9:15 AM
I live out in the country between Belleville and Millstadt. I was in the bedroom closing windows, when I happened to look out the bay window just in time to see my 14' Grumman jon boat fly off the dock and into the lake. :eek:
My son works for the Sherrif's Departmant and had his police radio with him. We listened to all the activity from all over the area. As far as I know, St. Clair Square is still closed.