PDA

View Full Version : Plans to double the tool budget

Charles McKinley
08-16-2003, 9:33 PM
Woodcarft (Pittsburgh) is having a turning class for women only and I convinced LOML to take it. I'm quite sure the bug will infect her. They are offering a bowl turning class for woman two weeks after the spindle turning class. I'm hoping that this brings a grinder and wolverine jig and a few turning tools.

WOOO HOOO! I hope it works!

Tom Sweeney
08-16-2003, 11:22 PM
I only see one down side - If LOYL really gets the bug - you'll never get any time on your lathe :eek:

Of course if it gets bad enough you'll just have to give her your lathe & get one of them there Poolewoods like Bill has for yourself.

Jim Becker
08-17-2003, 9:27 AM
Of course if it gets bad enough you'll just have to give her your lathe & get one of them there Poolewoods like Bill has for yourself.

I am thinking that this is exactly what Mr. McKinley has in mind! ( I tried this method, but LOML has no interest in woodworking other than seeing me smile doing it...so I won't have to share. She does use the tractor, however, and has become quite good with the front end loader. :D )

Charles McKinley
08-19-2003, 1:27 PM
Lucky for me Megan has expressed an interst in woodwokring and helps me build stuff forthe house. THe class is great because I have only turned once before with the watchful eye of Ken making sure I didn't mess up the pen. Plus it is with a female instructor and is an all female class.

I was able to get my former anti-gun wife into shooting by joining a range with female employees. The protective maternal instincts didn't hurt either.

I don't know, if she get's it bad enough I might be tempted to get one of the new Laguna's with the router attachment for doing rope turnings.

Let's see how the class goes first :D