PDA

View Full Version : The Dark-er Side of Andy Hoyt

Chris Barton
04-02-2006, 10:33 AM
For those of you who aren't aware, there is an even darker side to our Mr. Hoyt. All you have to do is look at this:

http://www.downscaledesigns.com/html/current_work.html

This is the most incredible work I have ever seen...

John Miliunas
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Chris, been there before. I agree, except that, "incredible" doesn't even stack up to the craftsmanship Andy displays! :) Truly, a Master at work! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Yup! That's our Andy........a little more complex and skilled than his bantering nature would indicate..........

Bernie Weishapl
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Well I must say you are correct in saying that it is incredible work. WOW. That is absolutely beautiful. Awesome. To think he did that between all that ice cream. Andy you are a master.

Paul Douglass
04-02-2006, 11:12 AM
I just can't believe some of the things you people can do with a lathe! Incredable!! Can that kind of work only be done on white lathes?

Beautiful work indeed. I couldn't do that if it came out of a box and had instructions.

George Conklin
04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
That's flatwork!!! Blasphemer!!!:D

Bob Noles
04-02-2006, 1:30 PM
Chris,

Yes.... Andy is one of our most talented members we have for sure. His work shines in so many ways and is a pretty good all round guy.... man I hope he don't read this or his head will swell :eek:

With as much as he keeps going, I don't really see where he gets time to eat all that ice cream

Larry Klaaren
04-02-2006, 2:28 PM
The finished project was posted here on March 21. If you didn't see it you should take a look.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33334&highlight=pictures+andy+hoyt

It really is a great exhibition of craftsmanship. This guy is the real deal.

Larry

Andy Hoyt
04-02-2006, 2:41 PM
You're darned right I'm reading this. And yes my head is swelled. But keep it coming. After three or four pages worth of these lies I figure I'll have enough ammo to prove to my father that he's all wrong about me.

Hey Chris - Nice way to get around the TOS rules about business promotion. Of course if you had a website I'd be more than happy to plug your business too:D. But since you don't and this is your thread, I'll guess I'll just chew up some bandwidth with these two shots of your Current Work.

35517 35518

Chris Barton
04-02-2006, 3:35 PM
Andy,

You know, I didn't even think about the TOS and I am sorry if I screwed up here. I just thought since so many new folks have joined the dark side lately that they would be surprised to see what kind of flat work comes out of your shop. And, if you happen to get some business out of it, Mazel Tov!

Andy Hoyt
04-02-2006, 4:19 PM
No screw up at all. I just like nudging my friends in the ribs.

By the way, I accept all major credit cards!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D even yours

Chris Barton
04-02-2006, 6:05 PM
No screw up at all. I just like nudging my friends in the ribs.

By the way, I accept all major credit cards!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D even yours

I don't think the limit on any of my plastic will stand up to those works of art. Do you take food stamps or barter for services?;)

Andy Hoyt
04-02-2006, 6:48 PM
Nope. We stopped trading for S&H Green Stamps long ago.

But I'd be pleased to introduce you to Guido in our Easy Loan and Extraction Department