PDA

View Full Version : NewTool Gloat from the WoodWorking Show

Ted Jay
04-02-2006, 1:48 AM
The trip to the Houston Woodworking Show today was a success. After all the OOOING & AAAAHING and coveting:rolleyes: of woodworking tools, here's what MY days BOOTY came out to be.

1. Bosch 10'' Dual-Bevel Slide Miter Saw with Upfront Controls & Laser Tracking - 4410L.
2. 2-115HD Heavy Duty Power Pole 2-pack (4 total).
3. CUT-N-CROWN™ crown molding compound miter jig.
4. Spring Tools 3 Piece Woodworking Set:
- Center Punch & 2/32” Nail Set, 2/32" Nail Starter & 2/32" Nail Set, 5/16" Wood Chisel, Organizer Case.
5. Book: Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking (Two Volumesd In One- Book 1: Joinery & Book 2:Shaping Veneering, Finishing.
6. Micro-Mesh 9 Pack Abrasives 1500 thru 12000 grit
7. Electrical Wire Strippers: (2 large and 1 small - second large one free)
8. 3 Assorted T-Shirts

When my brother and I were looking at the Bosch, my wife looked at it and said, "You can buy that if you want",:eek: I wanted, and I bought. (GLOAT- not for the tools.... for the wife).;)

Any similar luck for other Houston Area Creekers?

RichMagnone
04-02-2006, 8:23 AM
Nice haul. I picked up a set of those wire strippers 2 years ago and I love them. I would not be caught dead stripping wire the old way. Enjoy.

Pete Harbin
04-02-2006, 2:28 PM
Cool...he got a "laser" :D

Nice haul bud. Maybe I'll have some luck at the Albuquerq...oh wait...we never get a show! :mad:

Seriously though, nice gloat on the tools and the wife! :)

Pete

Jim Becker
04-02-2006, 3:38 PM
Looks like you carried a little bit of stuff home, Ted! Ah, shopping... :)

Ted Jay
04-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Cool...he got a "laser" :D

Nice haul bud. Maybe I'll have some luck at the Albuquerq...oh wait...we never get a show! :mad:

Seriously though, nice gloat on the tools and the wife! :)

Pete

While at the show... I got separated from the wife, apparently I was looking slower than her. I found her at the CarveWright Booth, guess what she wants...!

Pete Harbin
04-04-2006, 1:34 AM
Spill it Ted! What are you feeding her? Is there some kind of subliminal tape you play while she's asleep? :eek: :p :D

Pete

lou sansone
04-04-2006, 5:14 AM
nice haul... I have the same little protractor and it is very useful
best wishes
lou

Tyler Howell
04-04-2006, 8:12 AM
Great gloat I want some of the S.O. food too.:cool:

Brad Schmid
04-04-2006, 9:23 AM
Nice haul there Ted! I was there from noon to about 5:30. I ended up coming home with a few things, but no pic's so it could have all been just a dream;)

L-N Dovetail saw (to be delivered in a week or 2)
misc. L-N supplies (small sock, brush, plane maintenance kit)
Forrest WWII for a spare (old style = good price)
Fein Multimaster XL kit (needed for my entryway remodel project)
Fein 14.4V drill, charger, and 3 batteries (didn't need it, but it came with the multimaster for next to no extra $)

I spent some time over at the CUT-N-CROWN booth looking at the GREX nailers. It was the first time I had seen them, and I was impressed. Especially with their 23 Ga pinner. I might have to save my nickels for one of those.:cool:

Cheers,
Brad