PDA

View Full Version : RotoZip!

Anthony Yakonick
08-16-2003, 5:15 PM
I've wanted a RotoZip tool for a while but couldn't justify the $80+ for one. Last night at Lowes I found the Solaris model marked down to $24.99 from $69.00, I now own one.

Anthony

Doug Jones
08-16-2003, 6:20 PM
Congrats on your new tool purchase. I have had one for a year now and even though I don't use it alot it does come in handy for when I need its functionablity.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-16-2003, 6:39 PM
Great little tool. I have used if for all sorts of things. It was Invaluable for cutting device box holes for Switch's and Recpt.'s in an older home I rewired recently. (With the proper bits, it cut thru the plaster and lathe with nary a crack in the plaster wall.) Another thing they are outstanding for is use as a Router. I have the Router Base for mine, and Rockler's latest catalog has a selection of small profile bits designed just for the Rotarty Cutting Tools, like the Roto Zip. I have used mine for Routing a couple of times, and it works great............very easy to control and great visibility. Once you get used to having it around, you will find all sorts of uses for it. Great buy..........for that price, you just had to let if follow you home! :D