PDA

View Full Version : F-111 Simulator Panels

Pete Simmons
04-01-2006, 10:05 PM
I have a friend who is building a full size F-111 simulator. I will be making some panels for him.

http://www.woodpenman.com/images/F111panel.jpg

He knew I could do the lettering and was excited about that. When I explained to him I could do the lettering and cut all holes and the panel out he was Very Excited.
This is 0.25 plexi painted black on the front and white on the back. When backlit they look great.
This is a breaker panel about 9 inches wide.

I bet the original aluminum piece for the real aircraft sold for big $$.

Jason Roehl
04-02-2006, 8:53 AM
Ok, you can't just let this go at a simple breaker panel. I'm going to have to talk to Tyler to get me deputized as one of the Pic Police. We're going to need to see plenty of updates on this whole project. I may have to take a trip to FL to see that it passes muster, too. :D

Pete Simmons
04-02-2006, 2:25 PM
Yes - As the project moves along I will post a few pics.

David Sparks
04-02-2006, 4:15 PM
Great job, Pete. You're an inspiration!

David

Jim Dunn
04-03-2006, 8:46 AM
What's the "Nuclear master and Nuclear unlock" doing on a fighter?? Are those for bombs ya think? Just had to ask.

Lee DeRaud
04-03-2006, 11:05 AM
What's the "Nuclear master and Nuclear unlock" doing on a fighter?? Are those for bombs ya think? Just had to ask.F111 (or FB111 if you prefer) was more bomber than fighter, but most of the late 50's/early 60's vintage interceptors were also nuclear-capable. There was a nuclear-warhead air-to-air missile in the inventory at the time (AIM-8 maybe?), designed to take out entire squadrons of Soviet bombers.