PDA

View Full Version : Met up with a couple of Creekers today

David Duke
04-01-2006, 7:42 PM
Met up with Ernie Nyvall and Cecil Arnold at the Houston WWing show today. Couple of real nice guys but they kept talking about the vortex or the dark side ...... something along those lines :confused: :confused: , but I was strong and resisted:D :D !!

As everyone who has attended this years show already knows it is somewhat smaller than in years past plus to me it didn't have any real WOW displays although I must say that there were a few pieces shown by the Gulf Coast Woodturners that were spectacular.

Well here's a pic for the picture police as I said I was strong and resisted the pull........wouldn't get anywhere near the spinny stuff ;) .

John Hart
04-01-2006, 7:47 PM
.....wouldn't get anywhere near the spinny stuff ;) .

But you're here in the Turners Forum aren't cha???:D Resistance is futile.

Pretty cool...I'd like to meet them fellers m'self!!

John Miliunas
04-01-2006, 8:04 PM
Hmmmm...."wouldn't get near the spinny stuff?", heh? Looks to me like you were right close to the action, Dave! :D Give it up Dave. Your time will come and, it may as well be sooner than later! :D Looks like you chaps were having a nice time! :) :cool:

Don Baer
04-01-2006, 8:32 PM
:D Comon Dave you know you cant resist. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Cecil Arnold
04-01-2006, 8:40 PM
I really enjoyed meeting up with Ernie and David today. The fellow I'm looking so intently at is named Luna Ford, who makes a bunch of his own truning tools and had just given us a short course on how to. I found a lot of real bargains for Ernie and David--a MM36, CU300, PM 2000--but couldn't get them to get up off of some cash and buy.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2006, 9:24 PM
David.........you can't resist..........it's futile...........if you make too much of a fuss...........they'll just shove you into the vortex and ..............you're gone!..........I envy you! I'd really like to meet up with a lot of Creekers!

Andy Hoyt
04-01-2006, 9:40 PM
What does it say about woodworkers when each guy in this picture (with a visible face) is wearing glasses?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2006, 9:41 PM
Those are safety glasses and they are concerned about protecting their eyes!:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Jim Dunn
04-01-2006, 11:43 PM
We all want to really, really see our work?

David you may as well order your lathe today. Chuck can wait till monday.

Ernie Nyvall
04-02-2006, 9:54 AM
Those are safety glasses and they are concerned about protecting their eyes!:confused: :rolleyes: :D

That's right ... safety glasses. I'm really safety conscious now for as you can see that before I got a face shield, the flying chips wore the hair off my head. Now that I wear one.... it's ah... it's growing back... yea... it really really is.

It was a good day hangin out with what's his name and the other guy, and the other guy was really trying to spend money I didn't have.

All joking aside, David and Cecil are a couple of nice fellows as I knew they would be... being from the Creek.

Ernie