PDA

View Full Version : GI party and floor plan switch

Jerry Crawford
04-01-2006, 4:14 PM
This weekend I'm unplugging all my tools except the vaccume and holding a GI party in my WW shop. Everything gets cleaned, adjusted & lube'd as needed and a few rusty spots I discovered cleaned up. I might even get into tweeking the arbor in my Delta TS and doing the nickle test.

I went out there this morning to put on a coat of shellac on a sliding cross cut table I made yesterday, stood in the middle of the garage and found I couldn't see the floor in a few spots; so a cleaning was in order. As I shoved the vac around I found some really packed corners and cobwebs holding their share of dust. I guess it's over due for a good cleaning. :(

While I'm at it I might as well begins shoving tools around so I can do better work in there. SOmethign I've been meaning to do for months.

Brian Hale
04-01-2006, 4:37 PM
I haven't seen the corners of my shop for a long long time :o Most likely that's where my other tape measure is :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Brian :)

Andy Hoyt
04-01-2006, 5:11 PM
Two words, Jerry. Leaf Blower

tod evans
04-01-2006, 5:23 PM
jerry, if that silly notion isn`t gone by the time you read this how `bout comming for a visit? .02 tod

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2006, 5:28 PM
Jerry........My wife told me I could take her grocery shopping this mornig. So we did the annual thing....(she shops more often...I think a guy should do it at least once a year!). A neighbor is interested in observing some turning so my wife suggested I sweep down the 2 feet of shavings around the lathe for safety reasons. She always blows things out of proportion! I swept a 40 gallon trash bag full.....It wasn't 2 feet deep!:rolleyes: :D

Jerry Olexa
04-01-2006, 6:28 PM
Now I feel guilty. My shop is Dirty. A neatnik I'm not..:)

Jerry Crawford
04-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Now I feel guilty. My shop is Dirty. A neatnik I'm not..:)

wellll, part of the motivation is LOML just brought home a new Saturn today and that shares the garage with my shop/tools. So, I sort of had to make it feel at home when it pulled into her side. :o

Joe Chritz
04-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey Jerry when you check the corners for Brians tape measure look for all my single socks as well. :D

Joe

Vaughn McMillan
04-02-2006, 4:10 AM
Shop cleaning, yeah right. This is just a stealth gloat for the new Saturn. ;)

I did the shop empty/cleanup thing a weekend or two ago and found the top of my bench again, but I didn't see Brian's tape measure or any of Joe's socks. I also still haven't found a 12" long piece of walnut that was kicked back over a year ago (before my current table saw w/splitter and Grrippers, and before I started growing a brain in regards to woodworking). One of those times I was sure glad I had learned to not stand in the line of fire from the blade, though.

- Vaughn

Jerry Crawford
04-02-2006, 11:57 AM
:p stealth gloat - good one