PDA

View Full Version : I've been invaded!

John Hart
04-01-2006, 4:04 PM
So....I'm in my shop, minding my own business, turning a Spalted Ash Bowl....When all of a sudden, my shop is filled with kids! Two Daughters, One Niece and two Nephews. They sez to me they sez, "Turn something for us!!!"
I offered to let them watch me finish turning the bowl, but that just wasn't good enough. They wanted a BONKER!!!

So they got it. Super deluxe 10 minute walnut bonker.

Chris Barton
04-01-2006, 4:12 PM
Nothing can put joy into one's heart faster and stronger than your visitors. Oh, nice bonker too!

Frank Chaffee
04-01-2006, 4:54 PM
Wow John,
Looks like your younger nephew is well versed in the art of light sabre wielding.
My congratulations to you for having attracted such a wonderful crowd to your shop.
Frank

Andy Hoyt
04-01-2006, 5:06 PM
So I say to my daughter, "Hey come on out to the shop and see what I did."

And she says, "Ewwwww, sawdust and shavings everywhere; bugs climbing out of that stupid looking wood from Connecticut (sorry, Mike - I'm quoting verbatim); sharp pointy things to get impaled by; cobwebs; and cigar smoke."

I am so jealous, John.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2006, 5:08 PM
Congrats John! Nice looking crowd! Nice looking bonker!

David Fried
04-01-2006, 5:15 PM
John,

Bowls are nice but they just don't have the same appeal as a good, solid bonker!

As always, nice bonker!!

(The little guy does look menacing:eek: )

Keith Burns
04-01-2006, 6:01 PM
Way cool John !!! Great looking bunch of Kids (Turners) you have there.

Curt Fuller
04-01-2006, 6:29 PM
Nice group of bonkers and bonkerettes!

And she says, "Ewwwww, sawdust and shavings everywhere; bugs climbing out of that stupid looking wood from Connecticut (sorry, Mike - I'm quoting verbatim); sharp pointy things to get impaled by; cobwebs; and cigar smoke."

Sounds like a little piece of heaven to me.

Bernie Weishapl
04-01-2006, 6:32 PM
John what a joy. Looks like a good looking crowd. I tell you John that is also a nice looking bonker.

Jim Dunn
04-01-2006, 6:47 PM
So I say to my daughter, "Hey come on out to the shop and see what I did."

I am so jealous, John.

Sounds like heaven to me. I'm in, just add the smell of a cupa joe and I'll be there.

Andy Hoyt
04-01-2006, 6:53 PM
Hey Jim - i used to have a Mr. Coffee thing right in the shop. Finally burned up after too much sawdust got caked/burnt into the heating pad. Now I gotta walk all the way into the house for some Joe. It's the longest 39 feet ever.

Jim Dunn
04-01-2006, 6:54 PM
You and I could always take a thermos. Or is it full of "adult" beverages?

Andy Hoyt
04-01-2006, 6:56 PM
One of each

Jim Dunn
04-01-2006, 7:00 PM
Ya know I'm waiting for the day when my granddaughter can join me in the shop.

Ernie Nyvall
04-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Don't ya love it when that happens. Nice crew John.

Ernie

doug webb
04-02-2006, 1:09 AM
Great looking crowd, John........The sign on my shop reads papa and Kimmie's woodworking shop... Nothing better........Nice bonker too.....

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-02-2006, 1:46 AM
Hey John, you just became "Cool" :cool: :D:D

Make each kid a bonker, and then they will entertain themselves for hours...... of course, you may not be let back into the house again ;) :D

Keith Christopher
04-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Of late when my son drops into the shop I have to remove myself from behind the lathe so he can take the helm !!

John Miliunas
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
It just don't get no better than that, my friend! :D In my old shop, our youngest did get interested in turning for a bit and did a couple pens and candle holders. For whatever reason, interest died. In my new shop, I got her going on the scroll saw for a bit, but alas, that was short-lived, as well. You're lucky to be able to share in the joys of WW with your little people!!! Great job! :) :cool: